Topic: Questions about XYZ Da vinci mini w (NFC, FIRMWARE)

Hey, I looked around the forum and I didn't quite find exact answer to 2 questions that came to my mind:

Some info what I've done so far: I've disabled network for xyzprint, but not before I spent around 50% of the spool that I have now. I have only 1 spool that is now 0/100 Black PLA.

1. If the NFC tag goes to 0 does the Mini w (Firmware 1.0.0) locks the tag? And I will not be able to do anything with it? Can I throw it out? Or is it usefull for something else or could be for someone on here?

2. What does the red light mean on Da vinci mini w when I put in a resetted nfc tag and start a print? I assume it means the NFC tag is locked, even though it shows that.

3. Would the printer be able to read NFC tag that is not a sticker? Like a NTAG213 card ?

Re: Questions about XYZ Da vinci mini w (NFC, FIRMWARE)

Hetachi wrote:

Hey, I looked around the forum and I didn't quite find exact answer to 2 questions that came to my mind:

Some info what I've done so far: I've disabled network for xyzprint, but not before I spent around 50% of the spool that I have now. I have only 1 spool that is now 0/100 Black PLA.

1. If the NFC tag goes to 0 does the Mini w (Firmware 1.0.0) locks the tag? And I will not be able to do anything with it? Can I throw it out? Or is it usefull for something else or could be for someone on here?

2. What does the red light mean on Da vinci mini w when I put in a resetted nfc tag and start a print? I assume it means the NFC tag is locked, even though it shows that.

3. Would the printer be able to read NFC tag that is not a sticker? Like a NTAG213 card ?

1. I don't think you can increase/modify/reset the tag at all on the Mini w. For every print, the printer stores the current remaining amount of filament for this tag. You should print as much as you can, and then use a new UID (another tag).

3. You can use any NTAG213 sticke/card/emulator. You can buy a single UID changeable NTAG213 tag and then just change the UID when it "runs out". For example: https://www.rfxsecure.com/product/ntag-magic/