Re: Solidoodle Workbench Overhaul x2

Remixed the Y-axis direct drive mod that Claghorn made. Now it fits on the SD Workbench. My circles are now circles!

Used M3 allthread and some nylon lock nuts to attach the motor to the printed piece. It would be way easier with some M3 bolts, but I didn't have any.

I've uploaded the stl here:Thingiverse Link

Regards,
ESOCHI

Hello all,  I have been on the Solidoodle Workbench Overhaul page and I was wondering if any of you have recived this error when z homing?

3/23/2020, 7:26:38 PM   
     Error: M280: Invalid servo index 3 in M280 command

3/23/2020, 7:26:29 PM    G28 Z
     Error: M280: Invalid servo index 3 in M280 command

Or does any one know how to fix it? 

I am running a Workbench with E3d V6 Hotends, Bondtech extruders and Duet 2 Wifi board.  I also have been using the config tool for the Duet 2 Wifi.  I am also using RH for my slicer

I have been doing an upgrade since when I bought this one it did not work from Solidoodle. Then right after I got it they went out of business and I am super excited to see some prints off of it last night and today.  But I have received those error and I can not get them to stop even when I went back to the json code from earlier when I did not receive them.

Thank you so much for any ideas.

Solidoodle Workbench (new Duet 2 Wifi & PANELDUE 7I)
                Bondtech QR Bowden Extruders and E3D V6 Hotends
ReprapGuru DIY RepRap I3 V2 (Not working Currently)
                No Upgrades

I got it, I had accidentally hit BLTouch before and it added two files to my system folder and they were looking for a set value but was never getting it.  So I deleted them and it is back up and running now with out the errors.

Solidoodle Workbench (new Duet 2 Wifi & PANELDUE 7I)
                Bondtech QR Bowden Extruders and E3D V6 Hotends
ReprapGuru DIY RepRap I3 V2 (Not working Currently)
                No Upgrades

badass_thumb wrote:

I got it, I had accidentally hit BLTouch before and it added two files to my system folder and they were looking for a set value but was never getting it.  So I deleted them and it is back up and running now with out the errors.

Glad it ended up being something simple!

I'd love to see your setup! Not many of us out there haha.

After changing my Y axis to direct drive I really only have one final issue, and that is the dipping of the printhead as it reaches the middle of either axis. Yours may be better off, but from what I can tell, the rods are bent a little and also flex a little as you approach the center. They are glued in place on the carriages and I'm thinking of trying to break them free and rotate them 180° to counter whatever bend is in them. It's quite annoying considering I also have backlash in the Z axis (.5mm) and I can't use Zhop or anything related to Zhop while printing. This means I've also edited the Duet 2 Wifi Pause file so that it doesn't lift the head, which works great! I've also accounted for the slop with some clever start gcode, which I'll give you if you need it.

One last thing regarding belt tension for the Y axis:
The LEFT belt needs to be tight and the RIGHT belt needs to be loose. This is CRITICAL but I never knew it until a few days ago.

The reason is that the left side carriage has two points of contact but the right side only has one, which is allowed to pivot. Thus you need slack on the pivot side or you end up binding the left side and it will skip steps.

Regards,
ESOCHI