Topic: DaVinci 1.0A - Worth putting in the hours to learn & fix?

Back when the DaVinci was first releasing (or at least relatively new), I impulse bought myself a DaVinci 1.0A. I made some progress with a couple items, but they always had consistent banding all over, and the glass bed broke within days. (It has since been hobbled along with a top layer of Kapton tape.)

Here we are years later and I've dug it out of storage - today I cleaned it, pulled down software, followed a couple posts, but am getting nowhere. I did a run of the Calibration Cat off of Thingiverse, and while it wasn't awful, I suspect the banding has gotten worse (presumably from storage, temp shifts, who knows what else).

At the end of the day, I'd like to get into 3d printing but I'm clueless how much work this unit will take and if the quality is really worth it. Can anyone give insight as to whether the DaVinci can (or even should) be coaxed into something quality?

I should add that my free time tends to be limited, so any progress on this is likely to be slow and over weeks, not days.

Thanks in advance for your input!