1 (edited by Daan voort 2019-09-04 12:40:52)

Topic: shortcicuited the filastruder

Hello all,

I basically turned on the filastruder and saw some smoke, then took at least a second to turn it off again. I was a amazed that someone left two open wires next to each other connected to 5v and ground. The wires were attached parallel to the fans on the picture.

After this happened the screen doesnt do anything but showing me beautiful white rectangles
(photo)http://prntscr.com/p1p4vh http://prntscr.com/p1p4vh

I was hoping that there was something like an Arduino Uno inside which you could easily reset, but at last...

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you for you time, Daan.

Re: shortcicuited the filastruder

Check fuses. Check for burnt components on boards supplying power.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thats no where near a stock filastruder. You will need to open it up and look around

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

sorry I am a newbie, I cant see what would be wrong by eye, and a bit scared to open up and break all the sodering.

I may forgot to mention previous students (heavily?) modified it.

thanks for your help.

5 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-09-06 11:30:45)

Daan voort wrote:

sorry I am a newbie, I cant see what would be wrong by eye, and a bit scared to open up and break all the sodering.

I may forgot to mention previous students (heavily?) modified it.

thanks for your help.

Opening it is how you learn. If you are afraid to learn then this hobby may not be for you. The whole point of this hobby is getting to know and modifying the equipment. Printing and making filament is just a by product. This is a hobby, not something for those afraid to tinker or break things. Many companies market 3d printing and filament making equipment as plug and play devices that will work all the time. That is not the case. Stuff will break, you will break stuff and you will need to learn to fix it.

That's why it's always good to get at least one printer kit and build it so you learn the parts and the way things interact and operate.

Same with a Filastruder. You should really buy one as a kit and build it so you know how it works and what is what inside.

You will break things, we all have but that is how we learn and become the pros we are now.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.