Topic: XYZ Da Vinci jr 1.0 - timelapse videos using raspberry pi

I was wondering if anyone makes timelapse video using a raspberry pi camera mounted inside the printer?

Where is the best place to mount the camera? Space is very limited

Is there a printable mount available ?

Thanks for the help

Re: XYZ Da Vinci jr 1.0 - timelapse videos using raspberry pi

I've just simply cut out the empty fan mount at the back left of my printer and set an old webcam inside. I used Threedub from the pi to print GCode directly and it has a built in time lapse/camera feature. Using Threedub also makes it a WiFi relay accessible from anywhere to print anything.

If its worth doing, do it! If not... Do it anyway!

AvidCoder wrote:

I've just simply cut out the empty fan mount at the back left of my printer and set an old webcam inside. I used Threedub from the pi to print GCode directly and it has a built in time lapse/camera feature. Using Threedub also makes it a WiFi relay accessible from anywhere to print anything.

Thanks for that, would you mind posting an image of what your camera sees from that posistion

thanks a lot

jtriphook wrote:
AvidCoder wrote:

Thanks for that, would you mind posting an image of what your camera sees from that posistion

thanks a lot

Yep, No problem smile

Here it is:

http://soliforum.com/i/?jHFMZQS.png

If its worth doing, do it! If not... Do it anyway!

Sorry not messaged back in a while, not had time at all but I want to finish this now

I've got my raspberry pi and pi camera all setup but I just wanted to know about the software for the pi you mentioned, Threedub.

Do I need to make any alterations to the printers software and are there any guides to get this setup?

Thanks for the help