Topic: Newly flashed Davinci 1.0 not executing filament runing 0.92 Repetier

im having the worst  luck with this printer i know its a less than ok printer to begin with but im trying to work with garbage i find and a phone store throw it out it had the xyz firmware was runing on it and it was working all was great but i wanted to flash it to run  Repetier  so i can use any  filament i could get my hands on  including weed wacker nylon 4mm wire but i have the same problem with 0.91 repetier as im having with 0.92 but i know the boards is ok cause it work amazing with xyz and im trying to get it working "note" i can feed  filament in to load it and see it executing filament but when i go to print it wont run the steeper motor and tells me there no filament at all after loading back to back and it wont print from the pc but will from saved files on the sd card in the back

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-06-16 02:44:17)

Re: Newly flashed Davinci 1.0 not executing filament runing 0.92 Repetier

Well for starters forget nylon. The temps needed will damage the xyz hotend.  In fact forget everything but ABS and PLA with the stock hotend. Next when you flashed did you select the correct printer in the configuration.h tab before compiling?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by halohacker12315 2019-06-16 03:23:20)

yes i selected 0 in the configuration.h Davinci 1.0

// ################## EDIT THESE SETTINGS MANUALLY ################

#define DAVINCI 1 // "1" For DAVINCI 1.0, "2" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 1 FAN, "3" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 2 FAN
#define MODEL  0//"0" for first generation (jumper JP1 to reset ) , "1" for new generation   (jumper J37 to reset)
#define REPURPOSE_FAN_TO_COOL_EXTRUSIONS 0 //Setting this to 1 will repurpose the main Extruder cooling fan to be controlled VIA M106/M107
                                                                                            //Warning: for DaVinci 1.0 need to add a permanent fan with power supply to cool extruder

Well if it works with the demo files on the edvard then the hardware is fine
The issue is the software and PC don't seem to be talking to the printer. What host software are you using?

im runing Repetier-Host v2.1.6 but the other problem is even the demos are not executing filament or  heating up or runing the steeper motor and when it dos go to print demos it starts than says theres no there no filament at all after loading back to back  i see it run throw the extruder when its loaded

I know this is a given but in order for Repetier Host to work you have to click Connect at the top before you tell it to print. You have done right?

http://soliforum.com/i/?H7hpKck.jpg

i fingered that out some how it fixed it self yes i did use the connect button  but now a test print half way throw the extruder the temp drops from my 206 to 195  but i can can make it back to 206 when i see it droping in Repetier-Host useing Repetier-Host manual controls uga one problem after a other lol

Hi Kramhat here

Does anyone know the voltage of the extruder block heater unit on a DaVinci 1.0 original.

Thanks

Kramhat

kramhat wrote:

Hi Kramhat here

Does anyone know the voltage of the extruder block heater unit on a DaVinci 1.0 original.

Thanks

Kramhat

12 volts.

Thanks!