Topic: Dlp print error

http://soliforum.com/i/?pK3jjvw.jpg does anyone know what is happening here?  Two good tires, two with layers protruding.

2 (edited by knowack 2019-04-20 03:14:15)

Re: Dlp print error

What printer and slicer are you using?

That makes me think it was a slicing error; can you view the print preview?

-Kevin

The printer is the AnyCubic Photon, the slicer is any cubic as well, although I use ChiTuBox as well.  The preview was normal.  This is not the first time this has happened.  i did another set of model car tires, printed flat, and two of them had protruding layers.  The layers stick out in line with the tread pattern on the tires.

What are your layer curing times?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

5 (edited by knowack 2019-04-20 16:07:05)

I too have an Anycubic Photon, and use Photon slicer and ChiTuBox.  I haven't seen this before.  It's almost like those problem areas have become 'adrift' or 'unstuck' during the printing process.

I can think of a few suggestions:
1. As Carl said, check your layer times...it seems opaque resin takes a bit longer layer curing time than the transparent green that came with the printer. Photon slicer's default exposure settings are different than ChiTuBox's default settings.
2. Ensure your build surface is level.  Follow the manual's instructions...don't take shortcuts or invent your own procedure.  When you adjust the leveling, you may need to readjust your Z=0 setting.  Remember that 'home' and 'zero' are two different things.
3. Check that your film is taut in the tray.  If the film has stretched for any reason (e.g. prints sticking to the film, failed prints, solidified resin in the bottom), you may need to tighten the screws around the perimeter at the bottom of the tray. You don't have to remove the film, just tighten the screws.
4. Make sure your film and LCD screen are clean, especially in the affected areas.  Don't wipe the film with paper towels, as it will eventually graze the film.  I use Sprayway glass cleaner. It's ammonia-free, and contains alcohol which helps clean the resin.  I dab the film dry with a paper towel or cotton ball, then wipe it with a microfiber cloth...so far, so good. 

If you need to replace your film, a spare one came with the printer.  Additional film can be purchased from other sources at 1/4 the cost of AnyCubic film.

-Kevin

Thanks guys.  The FEP is new and pristine, and I routinely make beautiful prints, almost exclusively with Any Cubic white.  I have such good results that this is especially mysterious.  It has happened previously, but only when printing round objects, printed flat with no supports.

Normal subjects of all descriptions print great, but not little 27mm model car tires.

bilingham wrote:

Thanks guys.  The FEP is new and pristine, and I routinely make beautiful prints, almost exclusively with Any Cubic white.  I have such good results that this is especially mysterious.  It has happened previously, but only when printing round objects, printed flat with no supports.

Normal subjects of all descriptions print great, but not little 27mm model car tires.

Try printing just one or two tires in the same place as the ones that are failing. It's possible there may be an issue with your LCD in that area. If they are printed on supports as well the supports could shift. It looks like they are visible in the picture.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.