51 (edited by n2ri 2019-03-24 19:52:29)

Re: question for Rumba 2 users experts

anyone have an extra Filament feed tension spring assm hardware like screw, spring, washers & nut? also an old hotend type that fits this style mount? http://soliforum.com/i/?auKanDH.jpg

also would like a good used set of belts for SD2 with tension screws

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Any J-head hot end would fit that, but it was probably made for an E3D.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

looks like I am going to need a replacement Lawsey Y right side Carriage for the LM8UU bearings as the top main bolt hole broke loose. seems it could be modified to have twice as thick shoulder since only the belt tension section is above it, or at least angle braced front and rear instead of just a U shape as thats where stress is that breaks it. the bottom one has the angle bracing giving more support.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

heartless wrote:

ok, most of what you have described can be easily taken care of.

the rods sticking out of the frame is no big deal, just properly adjust the collars so they are held in place correctly. I would put the excess rod at the back, out of the way.

Power Supply Wiring.. the way that was done is not really going to hurt anything, but also not really the right way to do it..
Main board power should run from one pair of terminals, NOT jumpered..
Heated bed power IS jumpered between the 2 remaining terminals.

http://soliforum.com/i/?nTduJdG.jpg

there is a voltage adjustment on these PSUs, so you should verify what the output is before running the printer. Ideally you want it around 12.8-13v at idle (powered up but not actually running) you will not hurt anything at that output.

Fishing line for belts would be in wardjr's domain..

If you need help with any of the printed parts, I know PrintIt Industries has Lawsy Carriages & the mk6 extruder parts available for minimal cost if you need to replace anything.

isolated printer from PSU and separated both outputs, tested and both put out 12.8v seems all is good there. also got some things sorted for now and got the bed heater from Heartless old SD3 bed & installed on one of the SD2 beds and attached it to aluminum support bracket for now temp to help form the holes I made in silicone heater  flat around screws a couple days. was lucky finding where to poke holes between inner heat wires then Ohmed everything to make sure I didnt cut or short inner wires to screws. that was a sweaty palms moment LOL. very tight between those wires and lining holes up correct. also had to drill the pit in center for thermister which will get some heat past in it). need that carriage posted above to replace the one I will be using to test printer as it likely wont last either with current weak spot design also posted above.  will update

purchase some new belt material, it is worth the cost. Belts do wear out, it is always nice to have extra on hand. just use an old one to get the length you need.

https://www.amazon.com/BEMONOC-5Meters- … M2MQTR90DG

cant say I have ever had a carriage break in the spot you say this one broke.. perhaps it had been over tightened? or possibly not well printed.
but yeah a new carriage would be in order if it has cracked..
you could possibly try fixing it with a little acetone if it is printed in ABS.. I have done that before, and it works pretty well. just a cheap artist brush (the 10 in a pack for a $1 type) to brush a little acetone across the cracked area, then clamp it tight and let it sit for about a half hour or so

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

56 (edited by n2ri 2019-03-26 03:43:51)

heartless wrote:

purchase some new belt material, it is worth the cost. Belts do wear out, it is always nice to have extra on hand. just use an old one to get the length you need.

https://www.amazon.com/BEMONOC-5Meters- … M2MQTR90DG

cant say I have ever had a carriage break in the spot you say this one broke.. perhaps it had been over tightened? or possibly not well printed.
but yeah a new carriage would be in order if it has cracked..
you could possibly try fixing it with a little acetone if it is printed in ABS.. I have done that before, and it works pretty well. just a cheap artist brush (the 10 in a pack for a $1 type) to brush a little acetone across the cracked area, then clamp it tight and let it sit for about a half hour or so

it broke the U shaped thin part off that holds top end of bolt the belt/fishing line pulley is on. found a post by Ward saying fishing line is hard on the carriages due to how tight they have to be to not slip.

thought GT2 belts were what to use now instead of the old MXL type? will GT2 work with same pulleys?

no, the stock pulleys are MXL, not GT2, and the two are NOT interchangeable.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater

58 (edited by n2ri 2019-04-03 19:07:44)

thought Id post pics of the parts SD2 units MB as its the rare original SD Rev-E for ref photos.
http://soliforum.com/i/?ENMrOVE.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?xdupFRj.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?lJW8PY3.jpg
note the micro SD slot and power input socket later brds didnt have

n2ri wrote:

thought Id post pics of the parts SD2 units MB as its the rare original SD Rev-E for ref photos.
http://soliforum.com/i/?ENMrOVE.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?xdupFRj.jpghttp://soliforum.com/i/?lJW8PY3.jpg
note the micro SD slot and power input socket later brds didnt have

Wrong on so many levels. 

Absolutely nothing different or rare about a post July 2013 SD running that board.  It is indeed a standard PrintrBoard as shown in the WIKI and commonly referenced throughout the forum.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Oh Ward let him think he has something special...  smile

carl_m1968 wrote:

Oh Ward let him think he has something special...  smile

wink

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

62 (edited by n2ri 2019-04-03 22:58:02)

only pic found in wiki shows the one with motor pots etc on separate board atop MB and a printer board that says so on board & an odd partial Orange brd. this is off one of the 1st SD2 and different from the MB on my original SD2 which has the stacked boards but no micro SD and power wire screw terminals instead of socket/jack for PSU also My original dont have the pins installed to connect part cooling fan and its newer serial number than the printer this MB is from, this is the one everybody kept talking about that the motor control chips were soldered onto MB and couldnt be replaced which I thought my original SD2 had till seeing this older one. this explains why RH came with the SD and cooling fan buttons on control panel page. the printer boards I saw pics of say 'printer board' on them not Solidoodle Rev-E. 1st I have seen of this specific board. I also have seen boards with plug in processors on Motor controllers.
http://soliforum.com/i/?iS5PjIB.jpg

Let me clarify for others that may read this.  The boards you pictured were (not the one directly above this post) installed on all Solidoodle printer models post July of 2013 (approximately).  It is commonly referred to as a PrintrBoard.  It is (like most 3D printing stuff) Open source.  Solidoodle simply had them manufactured with their name on it.  It is easy to spot due to the non removable drivers.
Prior to July 2013 Solidoodle utilized the Sanguinololu boards for all models all the way back to serial number 2.  It was easy to identify because of its removable drivers. 
These are the only 2 boards Solidoodle ever used. 
You are correct about one thing.  The WIKI pictures that were once there are no longer.  I will be sure to repost them showing the 2 different stock boards.

Strictly talking dates the date code on that board is the 31 week of 2013. This is evident by the 1331 near the USB port and is the date code of the board house that made the bare board. Now as to when it was populated and sold to SD that would have even been months later. So best guess is this board was most likely placed on a printer in late 2013. Also this could be a cloned board cloned by the persons name mentioned on it under the open rights that SD allowed on this board. Being all SMD technology it is much newer than the original Printrboard that used through hole technology only. There is no "e" in printr for a true Printrboard.

https://reprap.org/wiki/Printrboard

65 (edited by n2ri 2019-04-03 23:22:21)

I just edited/added the pic of Printer board on Wiki in my last post above and its NOT whats on any of My SD2 printers never saw it on others but who knows. the 3 pics being referred to are of a brd off an older SD2 than My original which I recieved 6 years & 2 months ago new from Solidoodle and the older printer has a couple other things My original SD2 dont as they were changed, one is a thin Cork lining inside bottom of the SD2 and the other is a thin wood panel on back to mount MB to for some reason. also the Printrbrd pic is rev F so it was a bit after the one I posted which is Rev-E. Solidoodle experimented lots while making their printers and lots of odd parts were used on some units in same month. look at the 24 SD3 factory rack pics elsewhere on this forum there are at least 12 different units with many different parts than others including Hotends and all electronics. they were behind on delivery's and improvised alot lol just sayin

n2ri wrote:

I just edited/added the pic of Printer board on Wiki in my last post above and its NOT whats on any of My SD2 printers never saw it on others but who knows

the Rev E board began being used on some SD3s in 2013 and was used on all SD4s when they came out in November of that same year, so no, you will not see it on an SD2 unless someone else put it there after the fact.

heartless wrote:
n2ri wrote:

I just edited/added the pic of Printer board on Wiki in my last post above and its NOT whats on any of My SD2 printers never saw it on others but who knows

the Rev E board began being used on some SD3s in 2013 and was used on all SD4s when they came out in November of that same year, so no, you will not see it on an SD2 unless someone else put it there after the fact.

ah was wondering that. so the guy just stuck his old SD3 brd in the box with parts printer after upgrade likely. so do those brds over heat easy with no heat sinks on brd mounted motor controllers? and do they have the pins for part cooling fan? maybe it would be a good upgrade for my Original SD2 if printer type was changed in firmware.

n2ri wrote:
heartless wrote:
n2ri wrote:

ah was wondering that. so the guy just stuck his old SD3 brd in the box with parts printer after upgrade likely. so do those brds over heat easy with no heat sinks on brd mounted motor controllers? and do they have the pins for part cooling fan? maybe it would be a good upgrade for my Original SD2 if printer type was changed in firmware.

The board is a heatsink. It has a thermal plane that connects to a thermal slug in the middle of the driver to pull heat away from the driver. It works but can lead to board heating and a fan on the board would be highly advised.

personally, i would not bother with the Printrboard. There are far better options available out there, Rumba included.

my personal experience with the SD Printrboard include a failed USB connection on one, and on another, a failed stepper driver - and with no way of replacing the stepper driver, that means the entire board is no longer any good.

70 (edited by n2ri 2019-04-28 08:58:31)

finally got the Belt material ordered off Amazon over 3 weeks ago they didnt say free shipping was from China. package said air mail but not method either Balloon, Kite or Pigeon. LOL. tracking listed 10 stops in China 1st week then nothing for 2 weeks till it got here today and said by May 6th. so over a month like most items from China some over 2x that.