Topic: Making a model lie flat on the build platform??

Hey guys. I got my sd3 2 days ago. I am blown away. It took very little time to start getting amazing results. I have an issue. All the stuff I have modeled is generally not sitting flat on the x/y plane. Is there an easy way to place it on the platform?
I am using repieter host / slicer. In rh, I can manipulate it and get close. But usually not perfect.
In netfabb same issue. And I just can't get mesh mixer to work very well for me. What do you guys use to manipulate the orientation of your models?

Re: Making a model lie flat on the build platform??

When you add the object in repieter host , click on the center object button. That should do the trick.

SD2 - Glass Bed, Fans on PCB and Y motor, Custom enclosure
Slicer - Simplify3D

Re: Making a model lie flat on the build platform??

Centering seems to work for both centering and laying flat.  Nonetheless, I usually work within my design software to orient the object, and I can be most accurate there.  For example, in SketchUp, the red-green plane mps to the print bed (with the solid blue axis pointing up) so I arrange my piece relative to that.  In some cases, that's a must because the algorithm in RH (and others) sometimes deduces the wrong facet for the bottom.

Cheers,
Fred
Fredrick C. Hagemeister
http://blog.richmond.edu/ti3d