Topic: PLEASE HELP .... Minimaker Keep Clogging ... What else can I try?

Hi All. I have had the minimaker for a little less than a year. Prior to that, I used to print at a lab.
For the most part it has been a good little printer but recently I started on a large project and am halfway through and the mm started acting up.
It stops mid print stating there is a clog. I gone through the process numerous times over the past couple of says trying to unclog. I have followed XYZ vids, I have also tried the cold pull which I though helped .... but again stopped mid print. I have adjusted Z offset, calibrated etc. I have tried different spools of filament and all having the same problem.

The project I am woking on is several squares and rectangles 1 cm high and ranging from 1 cm x 1 cm to 10 cm x 10cm. At first it was only acting up on the larger squares. Now it cannot complete any.
It can however complete the calibration cube I use.

I also tried to print a small frog and now that is not printing properly all. I end up stopping it as it is NOT sticking to the bed. I typically use elmers glue stick which has always worked in the past but now it is not working. I have tried hairspray as well. What is up with this? Could the problem be the fan???? Or something else?

Any insight?

2 (edited by MindRealm 2019-03-04 19:25:28)

Re: PLEASE HELP .... Minimaker Keep Clogging ... What else can I try?

When the printer reports a clog, is there actually a clog?

The printer uses a photo sensor and a half-round interrupter wheel located at the filament feed motor, just to the rear of the filament path. If this wheel isn't detected for a while the printer will report a clog, though not right away. Might want to check to be sure the small 2-wire connection at the feeder motor (plugs into the front side) is secure and observe the wheel to be sure it rotates during loading/unloading filament. Also, make sure there is nothing obscuring the light path at the photo sensor.

-David

3 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-03-04 19:54:51)

This could also be caused by a drop in temperature due to a bad wire to the heater. The filament cools enough it can no longer be extruded. Your temp could also be too low so the same is happening. Filament passing through the heat block acts as a heatsink and soaks heat up from the heat block fast. This can be noticed if you watch the temp on long layers as it will drop. So you may need to raise the temp 5 to 10 degrees.

It can also be bad filament. If the filament has been out in the open for more than a month it is probably bad.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by SSkukll995 2019-03-24 09:42:59)

Hi guys, I just found this topic and wanted to ask a question. I using my minimaker with the minimover program, I am printing with Ninjaflex and the prints are very fine! However, randomly my printer shows the error "extruder clogged", but it is not! I really don't know how to avoid such a problem. Maybe reducing the flow %? Thanks!

Edit:
I managed to finish some short prints (1/1.5h) without the clogging issue, by lowering the infill to 50% and the flow to 130% and the products are really amazing! However, I was trying to print a bumper for my appleTV remote, but after 1h the problem occurred again. I don't know if it is related to big items (≈15cm) or to something else.

I have the same problem. Minimaker clogs at the exact same spot, every time I print.