Topic: FreeLSS 1.22 Released Under GPL

The open source version of FreeLSS available on Github has been updated to have all the features of FreeLSS 1.22.  This is the release just before the addition of checkerboard calibration.  FreeLSS 1.22 has the following features previously unavailable in the GPL releases.

• Support for the 8MP IMX219 camera

• Improved WiFi connectivity

• Added the ability to specify the GPU memory allocation on Setup page.

• Added the ability to turn the camera LED on/off from Setup page.

• Added support for mounting SMB network file shares.  Requires "Enable Experimental" to be checked on the Setup page.

• Added a new Photo Capture feature where instead of scanning, ATLAS 3D will write the photos to a USB or network mount.  This feature is accessible from the CAMERA page and requires the "Enable Experimental" to be checked on the Setup page.

• Implemented a fix for an issue in older Pi firmwares where auto-exposure mode wasn't always re-enabled.

• Duplicate GPIO pin assignments are now being detected on the Setup page and the user is warned if this occurs.

• Added a new feature called  "Restore Factory Defaults" that resets the Setup page back to it's initial settings in case undesirable changes have been made to it.

• Software point cloud renderer

• The ability to override the camera focal length.

• Scan larger objects on modified hardware with the Max Object Size setting.

• Removal of the restriction on only using the first 8 pins of the Pi for motor and laser control.

Checkerboard calibration is still only available in the commercial version of FreeLSS.

Regards,
Uriah

Re: FreeLSS 1.22 Released Under GPL

hairu526 wrote:

The open source version of FreeLSS available on Github has been updated to have all the features of FreeLSS 1.22.  This is the release just before the addition of checkerboard calibration.  FreeLSS 1.22 has the following features previously unavailable in the GPL releases.

• Added support for mounting SMB network file shares.  Requires "Enable Experimental" to be checked on the Setup page.

• Added a new Photo Capture feature where instead of scanning, ATLAS 3D will write the photos to a USB or network mount.  This feature is accessible from the CAMERA page and requires the "Enable Experimental" to be checked on the Setup page.

• Implemented a fix for an issue in older Pi firmwares where auto-exposure mode wasn't always re-enabled.

• Duplicate GPIO pin assignments are now being detected on the Setup page and the user is warned if this occurs.

• Added a new feature called  "Restore Factory Defaults" that resets the Setup page back to it's initial settings in case undesirable changes have been made to it.

• Removal of the restriction on only using the first 8 pins of the Pi for motor and laser control.

Checkerboard calibration is still only available in the commercial version of FreeLSS.

Regards,
Uriah

got a link?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:
hairu526 wrote:

Regards,
Uriah

got a link?

Got Google?

https://github.com/hairu/freelss/

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by n2ri 2019-02-28 23:06:51)

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:
hairu526 wrote:

Regards,
Uriah

got a link?

Got Google?

https://github.com/hairu/freelss/

when I download this zip and try using etcher in win7 to write it to my SD card it wont saying error invalid archive image. it dont do this using win32diskimager on winXP computer it writes successfully. just not fixing my issue still. update; think I wasnt logged in to Github that time.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

hi

I just completed the construction of the scanner about two weeks ago.  Everything was go good until the last couple of days when I started receiving a message during the freelss startup.

pi@raspberrypi:~/freelss/src $ sudo ./freelss
pi@raspberrypi:~/freelss/src $ Found Camera: OV5647
Creating callback data...
Creating camera...
Camera Enabled...
Created camera
Target Image Width: 1280
Target Image Height: 960
Initialized camera
Created camera: 1.2 Megapixel(video mode,1280x960)
Reinitialized.
Running on port 80...
*** Error in `./freelss': free(): invalid pointer: 0x71c00040 ***

I am currently running 4.14.98-v7
with gpis version: 2.46

I originally had ver v1.11 of freelss installed to start with and after a couple of weeks it suddenly started having startup issues.  That was when i decided to update to version 1.22 and it also has issues as shown above.

The license states that you must have a working version FreeLSS open source to purchase a license so I am stuck for the moment.

If anyone knows what has gone wrong or that I am doing wrong ... please let me know.

Mike

6 (edited by n2ri 2019-03-02 17:44:03)

msBlair wrote:

hi

I just completed the construction of the scanner about two weeks ago.  Everything was go good until the last couple of days when I started receiving a message during the freelss startup.

Creating camera...
Camera Enabled...
Created camera
Initialized camera
Reinitialized.
Running on port 80...

I originally had ver v1.11 of freelss installed to start with and after a couple of weeks it suddenly started having startup issues.  That was when i decided to update to version 1.22 and it also has issues as shown above.

The license states that you must have a working version FreeLSS open source to purchase a license so I am stuck for the moment.

If anyone knows what has gone wrong or that I am doing wrong ... please let me know.

Mike

ver 1.22 needs no license now as of this OP but you must login to Github to download working image zip or you just get a dud zip I learned when I forgot to login each visit. I also had failed image installs using Win XP 32bit OS using beta Win32diskimager v .9 that claimed after 30mins had successfully completed. but when using Etcher on my Win7 64bit laptop it worked. now just gotta figure out my scanners address on my new router so it can connect to PC again like it did 2 years ago, ARGH! pi LEDs all light now though so I know image is back on.

n2ri wrote:
msBlair wrote:

hi

Creating camera...
Camera Enabled...
Created camera
Initialized camera
Reinitialized.
Running on port 80...

Mike

ver 1.22 needs no license now as of this OP but you must login to Github to download working image zip or you just get a dud zip I learned when I forgot to login each visit. I also had failed image installs using Win XP 32bit OS using beta Win32diskimager v .9 that claimed after 30mins had successfully completed. but when using Etcher on my Win7 64bit laptop it worked. now just gotta figure out my scanners address on my new router so it can connect to PC again like it did 2 years ago, ARGH! pi LEDs all light now though so I know image is back on.

You don't have to log into github to download. You just click on that green box that says clone or download. I download stuff from github all the time and have never had to login. The login is for people that want to store stuff on github for download.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
n2ri wrote:
msBlair wrote:

hi

Creating camera...
Camera Enabled...
Created camera
Initialized camera
Reinitialized.
Running on port 80...

Mike

You don't have to log into github to download. You just click on that green box that says clone or download. I download stuff from github all the time and have never had to login. The login is for people that want to store stuff on github for download.

well when I downloaded these files they did not get recognized as legit image files by etcher so I logged in and downloaded again and they did so...

I do not see an image file on github.  When you go to download all you get are the sources and associated files to compile.  I can install the dependencies ok and get it to compile but continue to get the save error on startup. 

This morning reloaded a sd with the debian image for the pi and updated and upgraded the linux image.   Then installed dependencies, download source files from GitHub and compiled.  I still have the same issue.  Is there a working image file of freelss on GitHub I can download? 

Mike

@msBlair Try deleting the old properties file and all the old scans.

@n2ri There is no SD image on GitHub.  The zip file is an option that GitHub gives for downloading a repository.  To run 1.22 you must follow the instructions on the GitHub page to compile from source.

Uriah

11 (edited by n2ri 2019-03-04 00:34:40)

well I used the ver 1.27 image zip you emailed me using etcher on my win7 PC,  as the others faked it for 30mins each try using win32diskimager on winxp.

still trying to figure how to connect with my PC. My sons are supposed to help me remember how to access my router to find correct address for Atlas. the default one wont work. seems my memory is going with age. I connected fine using same Laptop 2 years ago but thats been 3 providers and 2 routers ago lol. but I did get a new 16gb SD card and the 5 lEDs on pi light and flicker now like before so its communicating with router, I just need correct address to login. then see whats changed with new versions and upgrade lasers and resume scanning. then finish mods on SD2/SD2s as I plan to buy the 2 pre-modified ones from a member here so can end up with 3 running to catch up on prints.

I've been away from using my scanner for 3 years.   Any help on how to get back on the latest version?  it worked fine last time,  I just got busy with life.