Re: USB not recognized by PC

I finally received the Ramps 1.4 kit via amazon today.
Unfortunately it came with an empty CD. i read online and download the marlin arduino code to my system, and it seems like to needs a lot of configuration to get things started. Is there a write up somewhere that can walk me through what do to here. I have already installed the shield and the stepper drivers on the board. The next seems to be to program it and connect my steppers to it, but not sure where to start.

thanks

I'd take your old Printrboard.

-Kevin

ammarqs wrote:

I finally received the Ramps 1.4 kit via amazon today.
Unfortunately it came with an empty CD. i read online and download the marlin arduino code to my system, and it seems like to needs a lot of configuration to get things started. Is there a write up somewhere that can walk me through what do to here. I have already installed the shield and the stepper drivers on the board. The next seems to be to program it and connect my steppers to it, but not sure where to start.

thanks

there is Marlin Firmware for the SD3/4 available through the Wiki page.. (see link at the top)
The only thing you will need to configure in that particular version is what board you are using.
that is a pretty simple change to make. if the rest of the printer is stock, that should be the only change you need to make.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1