Topic: Help, I broke two wires and don't know where they went

I had a piece of filamient get stuck in the feeder and in an attempt to get it free two wires seen in picture were knocked out. I purchased this used so, so these two wires looked like they had been fixed before. I can't tell if they go together or go somewhere. The extruder and the bed wont heat, but everything else seems to turn on.

Post's attachments

20190208_180506.jpg
20190208_180506.jpg 3.63 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

20190208_180529.jpg 2.81 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Help, I broke two wires and don't know where they went

If you aren't getting a temperature reading from the hotend, like it says -1 or something not logical, then it was the thermistor. If you are reading ambient temps and the temps don't change then they go to the heating element.

As for the filament getting stuck, it looks like you have loads of dust in extruder. I gather this thing sat in someone's basement or shed for a while before you got it from them. You will want to get some canned air or your air compressor out and blast that sucker good before you use it. That dust will cause you all kinds of heartache as it will easily clog up the hotend.

The repair should be pretty easy for either of those parts. You just need to take the extruder apart to get the hotend out so you can find out what part to replace.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

Ah I think it'sfor temp.  Would it go where this red dot is?

Looks like it's the therositer.  Where do I find a replacement for the solidoodle 2?

A couple option that i believe will work

https://folgertech.com/products/high-st … -hot-end-1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGJKPT9/re … 5168c9e43c

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura