1 (edited by Kadows 2019-02-05 12:27:47)

Topic: Problem with Filawinder!

I got my Filastruder and Filawinder a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying to make it run smooth. After some trouble assembling it, the Filastruder works great. However the Filawinder is giving me problems.

It always start good. I calibrate the laser and get it going and it spools nice. Then all of a sudden it just stops. Its like the laser stop detecting the filament. Usually it happens within 5-20 minutes. Sometimes I´m lucky and it works longer. One time I managed to make almost 300g of filament. I've never been close to making a full spool.

I have tried everything I could think of. Calibrating, changing the filament guides around, moved the sensor, adjusted the laser, eliminated light around, even tried it at night in a dark room. No matter what I do, after a while it just gives up.

Any ideas? sad

Re: Problem with Filawinder!

Bad power supply, bad motor, bad sensor, something getting too hot? The issue may not be in the sensor system at all.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Bad power supply, bad motor, bad sensor, something getting too hot? The issue may not be in the sensor system at all.

I have been feeling around to see if something seems hot, and its not. Motor seems fine in manual mode. Any way to check the other stuff?

I also have problems with the laser sensor, my filawinder turns even though there is no filament between the photocells and the laser and if I place the filament between the cells and the laser and I move it vertically, the speed of the motor does not vary