Re: new to the forum newbie with a used SD4

I must admit that I just use an even .1 and .3 for layer heights, with accurately calibrated steps/mm...and things work out fine for me.  My print accuracy is so good, that I print fuel injection parts for Italian sports cars (Alfa Romeo) with my SD4. 

I'm not going to get into any verbal judo over the relative merits of the math.  Much like the bed adhesion issue...everyone stick with what works for you.  (Pun intended)

-Kevin

ok after working with Heartless I'm up and running just need to level the bed

rest easy in your beds.... as rough men are ready to do violence on your behalf.

totally modified SD4 lawsy carriages e3d V6 and rumba

http://soliforum.com/i/?PDS2u9E.jpg

in process

rest easy in your beds.... as rough men are ready to do violence on your behalf.

You're making progress!

-Kevin

http://soliforum.com/i/?mQCoaZv.jpg

1st successful print

good progress

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

well done. can't wait to see more

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.

yeah, he is an eager one, he is.. smile

just spent the evening going over a few calibrations, and some initial settings to get him headed in the right direction

I am expecting good things from this one.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless is too kind we spent more than a few hours a heartless was VERY helpful !! I have printed a few things now and just did a benchy still some small errors so....if you could take a look and give me an idea of what adjustments. I am about to print a 20x20 cal cube and measure with my new .00 digit calipers.

http://soliforum.com/i/?KC4KJVd.jpg

The little bulges on the anchor holes could be over extrusion or your temp may be a bit too high. You want it hot enough to melt and bond, but not so much it is gooey.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

we are working out calibration issues.. he needs a better caliper, tho.. only one decimal place just doesn't cut it with 3d printing. LOL

All things considered, he is doing quite well

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I certainly wouldnt be where I am without help! I 'd be pulling what little hair I have left out