Topic: Bad wire harness

On my Makerbot  the wire harness is for all stepper motors  is a week point of the machine the one for the for the  y axis stepper motor is what usually breaks I have bought 3 harnesses since the machine was new. at present i have over 5000 hours on the machine. and it broke again. Makerbot uses stranded wire in their harnesses is their a better wire that is more flexible.

Thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

Re: Bad wire harness

dubbsd wrote:

On my Makerbot  the wire harness is for all stepper motors  is a week point of the machine the one for the for the  y axis stepper motor is what usually breaks I have bought 3 harnesses since the machine was new. at present i have over 5000 hours on the machine. and it broke again. Makerbot uses stranded wire in their harnesses is their a better wire that is more flexible.

Thanks
Dale

Try USB cable. It is flexible and has 4 to 5 conductors. Plus it is shielded.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Google flexible wire or super flexible wire it is available from several manufacturers
you want high stand count with a flexible insulation like silicone.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thanks Tin

Ultimaker S3.

5 (edited by yizhou.he 2019-01-26 19:16:47)

zip tire the wire on both end near the connector so that only the middle part of the wire is bent during the movement. wrap the wire with plastic wire warp also helps to reduce sharp angle.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

wire wrap a good idea
https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/293bc353-3866-4c21-8944-537a64b7967f/svn/clear-gardner-bender-electrical-tubing-fsp-ast2-64_1000.jpg

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura