Topic: Make busts

Hello again! Today I got some interesting Abraham Lincoln 3D busts. How to make them if haven't got any statue of interesting people in my city?

Hates XYZPrinting. Middle finger for XYZPrinting!

Re: Make busts

boringnugget wrote:

Hello again! Today I got some interesting Abraham Lincoln 3D busts. How to make them if haven't got any statue of interesting people in my city?

Thingiverse or other site that has ready to print STL files.

Try a Google search for printable bust of people.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Yes, I know. But how they make these busts?

boringnugget wrote:

Yes, I know. But how they make these busts?

If you don't have a 3D printer or you have no plans to get one any time soon then your asking this question in the wrong forums. Try a forum dedicated to human modeling or stone carving similar.

If you have or plan to get a 3D printer then you just download an existing STL that someone else has made and load in your printers software or you get modeling software or cad software and make the model from scratch as you want it to be.  Then export it as an STL. Run it through repair software that makes it printable and then load it in your printer software.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

i think they want to know how to create the models, Carl.. as in modeling software and/or scanning an existing statue..

@ Boringnugget - if you don't have an statues/sculptures near you, then you will have to rely on others that have these things and have created models.

one way people do this - especially with larger items - is with photo gammetry.. taking a series of photographs of a sculpture from various angles, all the way around it and using those photos to get a point cloud, which can then be cleaned up and converted to an stl file for 3d printing.

This method can be used on pretty much anything you like.. an interesting rock in the garden, a car, or a house..

another method is using a laser scanner, but quality on the cheap ones is so-so, and the ones that produce quality scans are not cheap.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Maybe you are looking for software like reconstructme or Skanect (using MS Kinect hardware) or photoscan (using any camera). Google those names.

There is a whole 3D Modelling/Scanning/Design section in this forum. Some of those threads might be interesting if you are looking to create or modify models.

justsomeguy wrote:

Maybe you are looking for software like reconstructme or Skanect (using MS Kinect hardware) or photoscan (using any camera). Google those names.

There is a whole 3D Modelling/Scanning/Design section in this forum. Some of those threads might be interesting if you are looking to create or modify models.

Okay, thanks! These softwares are interesting. I will to do something with my old Kinect!

Here is a quick search on Thingiverse for Abraham
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ab … d330648264

It looks like there are several good busts that are printable.

SD3 w/ mods:
Glass bed with QU-BD heat pad upgrade, threadless ballscrew w/ 8mm smooth rod, spectra line belt replacement, lawsy MK5 extruder, Lawsy replacement carriage, E3D hotend, Ramps 1.4 w/ reprap discount controller, DRV8825 drivers, 12v 30A PS, Acrylic case, Overkill Y-idlers, Filament alarm, Extruder fan + more.