Re: Quality DIY Printer frames?

Sell me the sd3 heartless?? Haha

IMHO the SD frames are not that solid . you would be better off building one from angle or  20/20, 30 /30.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

by the age of two my daughter had been taught that 'hot burn' meant dont touch, we did this with a cup of warm drink, just hot enough to be uncomfortable when held, then made her hold it saying hot burn while we did, she soon learned that hot burn wasnt pleasant, and after that when she went to touch things she wasnt supposed to we told her hot burn, and she learned not to touch those things. things like electrical outlets were hot burn.
especially when you have things that can get as hot as the beds and nozzles of 3d printers, you have to have some safety rules laid down, even at 2 years old, its either that or move things out of reach..
As for frames, it depends what you want, but box sections could work, corner connectors could be  designed and then printed up, and runners made up for box section as easily as round (though bearings might need to be mounted to run on the faces of the box section).

Tried that, my daughter is under 2 years old. She learned quick touch test, will not take my word for it, only trust experimental result. lol. It is easier to teach her math.

Luckily, she never attempt to touch the heated bed and hotend, don't know why, only interested in mess with the console. May be the beep sound feed back is what tracked her. Now all printer in attics and they are safe now.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1