Topic: Maker geeks

From the 3d printing nerd you tube channel

as of August 19, 2018, I cannot recommend purchasing from Makergeeks. I've received NUMEROUS complaints of orders not fulfilled, missing parts of orders, wrong product being delivered, and horrible customer service. Until I can make contact with Makergeeks and find out what is happening, I would stay away from them and find another place to purchase your filament from.

https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releas … -bbb-warns

the main problem here seems to be there is no contact information on there web page.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Maker geeks

not really surprised as this is not the first time i have heard negative about them.

personally, I have never purchased anything from them.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

3 (edited by paizleigh 2019-04-25 18:28:57)

It's not worth it! I'm a pretty skilled gamer and that's a fact. Yeah, I have great news for the people like me. I found out how to play at https://free-nodeposit-spins.com/. It's all about the slots.

I've never used them either.

-Kevin

it says "According to Missouri secretary of state records, Maker Geeks is a subsidiary of Black Flag Investments, Inc., which is located in Cape Girardeau. " isnt that an old bug spray company?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

n2ri wrote:

it says "According to Missouri secretary of state records, Maker Geeks is a subsidiary of Black Flag Investments, Inc., which is located in Cape Girardeau. " isnt that an old bug spray company?

You make it sound like they are out of business..

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

That is a very good question .  they ere having issues meeting demand. and producing product. IIRC neaer the first of the year he hired help and was trying to get back o track. Unfortunately the accusation of being a scam site and the BBB complaints may have been to much of a hurdle  if you search the net his site does not even come up . would be a shame to see him go under.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

I found this doing a google search: https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/com … shut_down/

following the suggestion of one of the commenters, I went to the MO business filings site, and searched for the suggested names...

http://soliforum.com/i/?sZc9UiH.png

http://soliforum.com/i/?3nHk9Qw.png

so it would appear that "MakerGeeks" is done, but they intend to continue under another name.
All I can say is, caveat emptor...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

sadly it happens often everywhere as most people dont know whats involved in running any business successfully long term. seen it lots of times when I lived near Lake of the Ozarks MO as seasonal tourists saw lots of money being made but didnt understand its only about half the year then gotta live off that income till next season too and maintain everything plus employee turn over. and many think they can blow excess income on toys instead of re-invest in business and pay off debts a few years while learning how much income is truly excess. most the businesses they see have everything paid off due to being there many years and no mortgage or Business loans with monthly interest. and BBB complaints must be resolved timely or your soon gone. this is only na issue in the USA so immigrants dont know better either. My Dad & Grandfather had Businesses their whole life and I had lots of people try to get me into one but I saw the headaches 1st hand & didnt want it. plus be ready for about 10% noncollectable customer accounts receivable that  collectors take most of what you turn over to them if any so just tax write offs that your income has to cover. its like having another large family to support and deal with 247.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

I was actually talking about Black Flag as the insecticide company. ^_-

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

I was actually talking about Black Flag as the insecticide company. ^_-

they have been bought out by another company dont know if any relation ATM. just remembered the name