Re: Downgrade/Recovery/Spoofing DaVinci Firmware on Junior/Mini/Nano/.....

hi. i am running in to a few problems. the converters options are all grayed out all the time so i cant add my serial number. and i tried using one of the firmware's from the big list that you have and every time i try to write to the printer with one of them .bin files bossa keeps telling me the files are to big??? i have a davinci mini w+ please help a guy out some one, i am at a standstill.

hi i am also looking for the da vinci mini w+ atmel dump the firmware files do not have one for the w+ could some one send one my way? i tried flashing the da vinci mini w to my printer and it seamed like it worked but then started sounding off loud beeping. so i need atmel dump for the da vinci mini w+ i am trying to get the printer back to the point where we where able to use the nfc tags. please let me know i am stuck.

28 (edited by Woody565 2019-12-02 15:24:20)

Hi all,

Could somebody help me out with the connection of a J-Link EDU mini to a mini W please?

Just need the pinout of the board if possible.

http://soliforum.com/i/?dPwMNoP.jpg

Sorry,

I have just found it on the second page of the following thread

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16879/da … ss/page/2/

If using an J-link EDU mini do we have to supply VCC from an external supply?

I have measured the voltage with the printer turned on and the VCC pins are reading 3.3v.

29 (edited by modfreakz 2020-01-10 18:18:22)

@Woody565

No need external power supply, only connect the original power supply from the printer. 

@daviesjosh95

I was able to repair you PCB and recover flash, now it working again!!
Also soldered small smd switch and JTAG pin header.

http://soliforum.com/i/?8Y7ps6A.png  http://soliforum.com/i/?O6nLcHj.png

Thanks so much for this - clearly lots of hard work, and I've just downgraded firmware on my MiniMaker in about 2 minutes.  Fantastic!  I can now use my NFC tags for 3rd party filament again - woot!

Great work!
I assume, that it hasn't been tested well with daVinci 2.0A Duo?
When I try to patch my Serial-No to the Atmel-Dump in the firmware-collection for this printer with the Firmware Converter, I found all fields showing garbage (0xFF in the corresponding area in the dump).
Entering the right Data doesn't help, reopen the file shows the correct entries in all fields except "Printer", which still shows garbage. The field is even too small to enter "daVinci 2.0A Duo" here.
Leaving it alone and transfer the file to the printer seems to be o.k.
After Starting XYZPrint, it recognized the printer and ask for an automatic update of the firmware (2.1.2), which is fine.
But retrieving the Printer Info ("?") still shows no Serial-No. of any value (just 3F20APEU4TH0000000, which isn't registered).
I assume, that this is because of the wrong Printer-Name.
You can easily test that out with the mentioned Atmel-Dump for dvF200A000+2.1.0.

Is there a way, to patch that by hand (I tried with an hex-editor, but it doesn't work - maybe some other things are missing here).

BR
Guido

Hi all,
  I'm trying to spoof a Minimaker to a Super as I want to make the bed bigger.  I added rails that are 500mm vs. the 300mm on the Minimaker.  I'm curious if it will let the bed move more now.  Anyone think that will work?

First modfreakz is trying to help me since I go the Minimaker with 1.2.3 firmware and tried to downgrade to my 1.1.1, but it hasn't worked with the paper tags yet.

33 (edited by Ptk_fernandes 2020-08-17 02:47:37)

Hi guys, im new to arduino
im tryng to get repetier fw working in on my davincy 1.0 - my printer is dead for now ,get  two black bars in display.

i able to compile and write ( arduino 1.8 with 1.6.8  ide due) but after this printer still showing black bars , usb start to connect/ disconect.  try back to stock with bossa and  XYZ_Firmware_Flash_Tool but after write nothing change.

somebody can helpme? i try a lot of times , a lot of arduino versions. i cant buy a new motherbord or parts because im in Brazil.

thanks.

Can we use the converter tool to spoof the bed size in addition to the serial number?  I've modded my bed size but the Minimaker limits on the Y-axis at 180mm and I want to go to 300mm.  Is there a way to edit the decrypted firmware that is on Modfreakz site to edit that value (it's currently 150 x 150 x 150  = should be easy to find in the firmware if it's accessible).

Thanks!

bsshelton wrote:

Can we use the converter tool to spoof the bed size in addition to the serial number?  I've modded my bed size but the Minimaker limits on the Y-axis at 180mm and I want to go to 300mm.  Is there a way to edit the decrypted firmware that is on Modfreakz site to edit that value (it's currently 150 x 150 x 150  = should be easy to find in the firmware if it's accessible).

Thanks!

Unless there are soft endstops set in the firmware then it should go passed 150. Just change the bed size in your slicer to a larger size.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
bsshelton wrote:

Thanks!

Unless there are soft endstops set in the firmware then it should go passed 150. Just change the bed size in your slicer to a larger size.

I tried a bunch of things, I can't even do HOME and then move the bed past the front (180mm) (even in minimover Gcode), it seems it is a soft endstop for the Minimaker FW 1.2.4 (even in Cura with alternate bed dimensions).  There is no front endstop, it's just the one at "0" in the back of the Minimaker.

bsshelton wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
bsshelton wrote:

Thanks!

I tried a bunch of things, I can't even do HOME and then move the bed past the front (180mm) (even in minimover Gcode), it seems it is a soft endstop for the Minimaker FW 1.2.4 (even in Cura with alternate bed dimensions).  There is no front endstop, it's just the one at "0" in the back of the Minimaker.

Then you are left with gutting the logic and installing a different controller. The issue is there is no stock firmware that you can edit. It has all been dumps that are hex or bin files and those cannot be edited.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I am trying to upgrade my Da Vinci Mini to firmware 2.4.8 using the Da Vinci Jr firmware using cross flashing but I am unsure how to do so. Is it possible without the Atmel dump for 2.4.8?

Thank You.

Hi,

without Atmel dump no cross flashing possible.
you need any Atmel dump version, after that you can down or upgrade.

Thank you for your reply.

I have dv1MW0A000+1.3.1_Atmel_dump for the mini w and dv1J00A000+2.4.4_Atmel_dump for the Jr 1.0 as well as dv1J00A000+2.4.8 for the Jr 1.0. Is it possible to trick the mini w into using the Jr. 2.4.8 firmware?

I'm sorry if this is a basic question. I couldn't figure it out from the instructions in this thread.

Thank you.

Theoretically yes, I tried this before. The MCU runs the code, but complete assembled printer will not work in any way, the use different I/O configuration. The hardware is very different.

You can only crossflash mini to any other mini. Jr. to any other Jr.

42 (edited by cgrillo 2020-12-31 12:34:32)

Does anyone have a link to a recent firmware dump as my Jr has died? - black bars on LCD...

Hi,

I don't why, but I can not edit my first post anymore.

But here are the Links:

• Firmware collection for mostly all XYZ printers (old, new, decrypted Firmware and Atmel dumps)

Link to Firmware collection

Link to XYZ Firmware Flash Tool

44 (edited by cgrillo 2021-01-01 15:50:15)

modfreakz wrote:

Hi,

I don't why, but I can not edit my first post anymore.

But here are the Links:

• Firmware collection for mostly all XYZ printers (old, new, decrypted Firmware and Atmel dumps)

Link to Firmware collection

Link to XYZ Firmware Flash Tool

Many thanks.

Yesterday I turned on my printer and it froze at the "load filament", then after turning off/on I got the 2 black bars!
Powered it on with the jumpers connected to clear the "corrupt" firmware
I found your other post with these links in and downloaded the decrypted firmware and loaded it with Bossa.
It worked.
Then loaded the latest firmware via the XYZ app.
Again - all good.
Tried to use the Open Smart Tag ... failure - the printer serial no was different .. but I had my old serial no.
So, went back to step 1, cleared the firmware.
Then used the "Firmware Converter" app with my serial number and went thru the steps again with Bossa.

It all worked brilliantly and I now have my printer working again with the Open Smart Tag.

So, thanks again - without the hard work you have put in, I would be 1 printer down..

I have no idea what caused the printer firmware to get upset in the first place - but at least, if it happens again, I can be back up and running within 30 mins.

Good to hear it works for you, so all the work wasn't in vain.

Btw. I've been hearing about this phenomenon more and more recently. roll

Hello, I am about to buy open smart tag. Currently I am using downgraded firmware which is 2.2.6 (downgraded from 2.2.9) for nfc hacking. But  I have failed. Now I decided to use open smart tag but on the upper topics, I saw some guys had a problem with taking back to the current firmware and problems with the open smart tag. So I have not ordered it yet. So what step I should take, could someone give an instructions? And How about the user experience with the smart tag, you don't need to reset anymore right?

47 (edited by modfreakz 2021-01-20 15:51:18)

Hi, you not need to refill or reset any more.

Experience are great, you only need to update your printer Software and Firmware to latest version.

Thank you for reply smile I will order tomorrow adn I will try to update my firmware because I downgraded before. I hope Updating eill be succesfull  smile

hi, i downgraded to a da vinci mini and everything turned out fine, only now it doesn't allow me to read nfc tags, do you have any idea how to fix it?

are this tags old/used or new?