Re: DaVinci Mini JTAG access

nilezon wrote:

To read/write/debug the ATSAM4E8E you need to connect using JTAG or SWD. SWD is easier since it's fewer cables to solder.
You can probably use any SWD reader that support Atmel ATSAM4E8E, including Atmel-ICE and all J-Link debuggers. You can probably also use a BusPirate or other generic SWD device.
So for I have only used Atmel-ICE and J-Link EDU (not Mini), but I'm quite sure the J-Link EDU Mini works as well.

I got the "J-Link EDU Mini" today, can you help with the JTAG pins on the board?

modfreakz wrote:

I got the "J-Link EDU Mini" today, can you help with the JTAG pins on the board?

Sorry for the delay. I'm attaching the wiring scheme for SWD.

Post's attachments

SWD-wiring.jpg
SWD-wiring.jpg 1.18 mb, 4 downloads since 2017-12-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

28 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-11-26 16:58:05)

OK, I opened the firmware (miniMaker-dump.bin) nilezon posted in Post#1 with hex editor, and find the version number is 1.0.1, so I think it will be helpful to get firmware dump of higher version. So I followed nilezon's instruction soldered J-Link EDU Mini in SWD mode to a miniMaker with firmware version 1.2.1, and I dumped the firmware like what I did for Jr., and I opened it with hex editor, and I was disappointed that the version number still shows 1.0.1.

I notice when I connect to miniMaker though SWD, the miniMaker make low noise just like when I push and hold the front LED button after reboot. So I connect to miniMaker using David's miniMover, it report firmware version 1.2.1 normally, but when I push and hold the front LED button after reboot, miniMover shows the firmware version become 1.0.1.

So I hypothesis the miniMaker can boot from two different FLASH memory, when you push and hold the front LED button after reboot or connect through SWD, machine boot from 1.0.1 firmware (bootloader maybe). Otherwise it will boot from the real firmware which is 1.2.1 in my case.

So I go to J-flasher and there is option in configuration to select from 4 different device though JTAG SWD access. So I connect to every single one of them and dumped all the flash content, the 2nd device contain firmware version 1.2.1 and all the others dumped firmware 1.0.1. I have not checked if all there firmware 1.0.1 are all the same or they are different firmware for different chips, but my guess is the MiniMaker-dump.bin nilezon posted in Post#1 is not the real/complete firmware for printer (or maybe he intend to post NFC reader flash content).

I will erase all chips and flash back the 1.2.1 firmware and test if the printer will function as normal, and then I can be sure I can go back to stock firmware.

Post's attachments

MiniMaker-dump-1.2.1.bin 512 kb, 14 downloads since 2018-11-26 

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

29 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-03 02:31:08)

OK, I dump all flash content from all four devices, the content is all the same. And the flash content all contain two firmware version number, one is 1.0.1, which corresponding to the firmware that activated when you press and hold the LED button (bootloader firmware?). The 2nd one is the upgraded firmware version. And I go back and check the version nilezon dumped and posted in post#1, the 2nd firmware version is 1.1.0.

I flashed the version 1.1.0 to my miniMaker, and I was able to connect to it with David's miniMover and print, miniMover report version number 1.1.0. And I was able to flash back to my 1.2.1, and connect to it with David's miniMover and print, miniMover report version number 1.2.1. Also I noticed when I erase the firmware, the serialflash which stores the filament tag information is also cleared. So every time I reload the firmware, I can reuse my old tag. (or whenever I need to reuse my old tag, all I need to do is short the erase jumper and reload the firmware.)

I flashed the jr 2.2.0 firmware to miniMaker, miniMaker boots fine and I was able to connect to it with miniMover, miniMover report Da Vinci Jr. 1.0 and firmware version 2.2.0, however it report x-axis motor error and temperature 178C suggest the motor driver pinout and thermistor temperature table of miniMaker is different from Jr.

Also included firmware dump for miniMaker firmware version 1.2.3

Post's attachments

miniMaker 1.2.3.bin 512 kb, 12 downloads since 2018-12-03 

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

hello, i need bump for Da Vinci mini w 1.2.3-1.2.5 firmware to SAM-BA. PLZ help because I went through this and my printer shows that it is constantly busy ..

31 (edited by yizhou.he 2019-01-06 14:45:11)

Sorry, I don't have mini w machine, all I have is Jr. and miniMaker. Try upgrade to mini w firmware 1.2.5 from 1.2.3 and see if it works.

Firmware 1.2.1 and could update, thank you