Topic: Solidoodle 4 E3DV6 upgrade help required

Hi,
Does anyone have the firmware for the solidoodle 4 that I can edit to support the new settings for my e3d V6 hot end as the firmware available on the walkthroughs is for solidoodle 3 not 4.
If possible could someone provide me with instructions on how to change said firmware to support the new hot end.
Any help would be much appreciated
-Jake

Re: Solidoodle 4 E3DV6 upgrade help required

jakehowarth wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone have the firmware for the solidoodle 4 that I can edit to support the new settings for my e3d V6 hot end as the firmware available on the walkthroughs is for solidoodle 3 not 4.
If possible could someone provide me with instructions on how to change said firmware to support the new hot end.
Any help would be much appreciated
-Jake

You need to be patient when you post. The sever is slow to update so you actually posted twice. Might want to delete the other to avoid confusion. Oh and welcome.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

As was said in chat. Follow the instructions on the wiki. I've used them and know they work.

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

SD 3 and 4 being the same you’d change the firmware to SD3.  We never updated for 4 because there was no mechanical differences.
Your machine will have a Printrboard so be sure to follow that set of instructions.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I updated my SD4 to an E3Dv6 and calidum bed heater from PrintItIndustries.com.  I have compiled the firmware with those changes incorporated (as well as the gcode fan enabled). 

If you go ahead and upgrade your heater too, you could just flash my file.  Let me know, and I'll post a link to it. 

You'll want the upgraded bed heater, believe me.

-Kevin

i also have upgraded TWO SD4s to E3D v6 hotends, and the Calidum Hale heatbeds.. they are AWESOME!

there are no "mechanical" differences between the 3 and 4.. biggest difference between them is the enclosure on the 4, and the different controller board - so the actual flashing process is a little different, but the directions are there in the wiki - use them without worry and as if you were doing a 3.

make sure the firmware is set for a Printrboard as the controller...
follow the flashing directions for a Printrboard...
you should be good to go

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1