1 (edited by lhshenker 2019-01-01 22:09:37)

Topic: Pigrrl zero, on xyz

Hi all I am trying to make a pigrrl zero, case I have a XYZ Davinci, 1.0 it has not modded and is using the most up to date firmware, the case prints ok from the thingyverse files but I can not get the buttons to fit it. Can any one surguest a way of getting them to print better fits I have reduce the sizes and tried in different colours but that hasn’t helped

Thanks In advance
Lhshenker

2 (edited by lhshenker 2019-01-01 20:57:26)

Re: Pigrrl zero, on xyz

P.S. I would also consider other printers but have a low budget for that

lhshenker wrote:

Hi all I am trying to make a pigrrl zero, case I have a XYZ Davinci, 1.0 it has not. Even modded and is using the most up to date firmware, the case prints ok from the thingyverse files but I can not get the buttons to fit it. Can any one surguest a way of getting them to print better fits I have reduce the sizes and tried in different colours but that hasn’t helped

Thanks I’m advance
Lhshenker

Pay a service like Printathing to do it for you until you get your machine dialed in or get one that can be properly calibrated. You should also print all the buttons at one time if you are not. That way they have time to cool a bit before another hot layer is laid causing deformation.

https://printathing.com/

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Hi,

Thanks I would consider that but I am in the UK, I am not sure if a British version of that exists

Thanks again
Lawrence

https://cdn.mscdirect.com/global/images/ProductImages/6295048-21.jpg

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

lhshenker wrote:

Hi,

Thanks I would consider that but I am in the UK, I am not sure if a British version of that exists

Thanks again
Lawrence

https://3dprintdirect.co.uk/fdm-fff-printing/

All you need to do is Google.

Hi, I have tried cutting them down a bit but it kinda defeats the object of it all

lhshenker wrote:

Hi, I have tried cutting them down a bit but it kinda defeats the object of it all

Nearly all printed things need some sort of finishing in most cases. Either sanding or cutting and sometimes painting. So to be honest his suggestion is actually normal. But if you don't care to do such things then having the items printed for you is always available. If you Google 3d printing services in the UK you find there are many.

9 (edited by yizhou.he 2019-01-02 15:51:00)

Dimension inaccuracy are mostly cause by z-band, and reduce layer height and reduce over-extrusion will help. For Da Vinci 1.0, reduce layer height is easy but reduce over-extrusion is not so easy. The cheapest way is to flash repetier-firmware or spend $200 on Ender-3. But both method involve time and patients.

The easiest way is to smooth out the z-band to reduce dimension inaccuracy and high resistance between parts, with file or Acetone if you are printing ABS.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Thanks Yizhou, I was thinking of going the ender3 route and I accept some cutting or filling but not by the amount s required

11 (edited by yizhou.he 2019-01-02 23:06:16)

Ender-3 can be great printer, but you do need to tight the belt and wheels right to get good quality. It don't need lots of tinkling, but you need to do it right without damage the parts. It is not the best plug and play printer on the market, but definitely the best quality for the price. Read my other post about ender-3 or search for guides on youtube before pull the trigger.

I have found from experience, that when designing parts, the xyz prints interior holes smaller than the dimension, exterior profiles are to size, but generally to get a fit, the interior holes have to be sized a nozzle thickness bigger (0.4mm) to allow for the thickness of the printed line. thus if I want a tight fit, holes are made 0.4mm larger and a sliding fit 0.5mm larger in diameter (ie 0.2mm bigger in radius.- so a shaped hole would be made 0.2mm bigger in every dimension to fit the profile of the object to fit into it (0.25mm for a sliding fit))
this is standard practice in engineering, but the tolerances on a 3d print are a lot looser than the same part milled out of metal.