Topic: bed leveling accuracy ?

I was just wondering how level most people can get their print bed. I have the stiffeners and am printing on mirror.
it is a 3 screw leveling system. the 2 front corners are .32mm and the back 2 corners are .28 mm.
I can just touch the back leveling screw and it will throw it way off. So far I have been working on them 2 hours

here is a pic of what I print to level the bed and then I measure them with a caliper. I print 9 of them evenly across the bed.
I am printing .2mm layer thickness 1 layer.

http://soliforum.com/i/?vJu3wi4.jpg

Ultimaker S3.

2 (edited by yizhou.he 2019-01-01 19:20:08)

Re: bed leveling accuracy ?

dubbsd wrote:

I was just wondering how level most people can get their print bed. I have the stiffeners and am printing on mirror.
it is a 3 screw leveling system. the 2 front corners are .32mm and the back 2 corners are .28 mm.
I can just touch the back leveling screw and it will throw it way off. So far I have been working on them 2 hours

here is a pic of what I print to level the bed and then I measure them with a caliper. I print 9 of them evenly across the bed.
I am printing .2mm layer thickness 1 layer.

If you touch the leveling screw and it will throw it way off, something in your bed leveling system is loose. make sure all screw are tighten and all screw have proper washer. The goal is to touch the bed with small force it does not move at all, if you push it hard, it moves but go back to where is was.

For bed leveling screw and nobs, if it is all metal, you need to add plastic washers to increase resistance, 3d printed one works better. The idea is to prevent the knobs and spring move on it own as bed vibrates. Also add 3d printed spring cups and Bed Leveling Knobs.

Another factor is to mod your z-axis endstop so that your bed leveling spring is compressed within the optimal range. 

I did these to all my 3d printers, it take some effort in the beginning but save you a lot of trouble in leveling bed later.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1