Topic: SD3 Owners, is the bed of your printer wobbling with z?

My SD3 didn't seem to have z wobble issues until a few prints in, then the heater died, so it took a break while SD sent me a replacement (thanks guys!)

New heater in, bed leveled, and start some test prints.  Still have the z wobble, but this time I look down at the steel blase while the platform is homing, and I see it's PULSING.  I tried to get it on video, not sure if you can see it, but in person, Really visible.

So, is this happening to anyone else's SD3?  If so, are you having z wobble issues?

Post's attachments

VID_20130319_221812.mp4 4.82 mb, 29 downloads since 2013-03-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: SD3 Owners, is the bed of your printer wobbling with z?

It seems like you are having similar problems as this guy: http://www.soliforum.com/topic/1591/my- … h-support/

3 (edited by kyle_s 2013-03-20 18:04:21)

Re: SD3 Owners, is the bed of your printer wobbling with z?

Rincewind, my prints DO look incredibly similar to his, ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ .    Also the Z axis rod doesn't seem to be waving it all, watching it work it seems to spin in place.  I can try and get better video, or somehow measure what's going on, tonight.

Edit: just watched the video again, ok, his frame is pulsing a little as well.  I'll watch again to see if my motor is wobbling.

All I saw for suggestions to his problem was anti-backlash nut, software fix, and a new rod.  I did try the anti-backlash nut before the heater died, but it was so wavy, it didn't fit right.  I'm unsure where the software settings are that may fix this.

Also, I'm wondering if my frame is defective, in which case I'd like SD to do something to fix or replace it.   The SD3 is NOT a cheap toy, so I don't expect it to break & warp like one.