Topic: daVinci 1.0 : hotend temperature stuck at 5C

Hi,

i have  dV 1.0 running repetier and a E3D V6 Hotend. Everything was working so far.
All of a sudden the hotend temperature gets stucked at 5C after switching on the printer.
The printers shows the DEC error if a raise the temperature. Seems like i have shortened out something sad
I have tried to bypass the small PCB , but without any success.
Does anybody know a solution for this problem ?

thanks !

Re: daVinci 1.0 : hotend temperature stuck at 5C

Your thermistor could be bad. You could try swapping the bed and hotend thermistor connections at the main board and see if the issue follows the thermistor or stays the same.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-30 00:39:52)

If you are using E3D clone, the screw fix the themistor on the heat block may be screwed too tight and make two wire of the themistor partially shortcurcuited. Just power off the printer, loose that screw a little bit and reboot the printer.

This is only common problem for E3D clone, very easy to fix. If you have the genuine E3D, I have no idea what is going on.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Thank you guys, but i am pretty sure that this issue is not caused by thermistor.
The printer will show 5C without the thermistor being connected to the small pcb on the carriage.
Even after disconnecting the pcb connector from the mainboard i get the 5C reading after powering on the printer.
I guess something got fried on the mainboard sad