Topic: can you put Repetier on a new Davinci 1.0?

just wondering if you picked up a new Da vinci 1.0 can you still put repetier on it or did they switch the boards?

Re: can you put Repetier on a new Davinci 1.0?

johnboyjr wrote:

just wondering if you picked up a new Da vinci 1.0 can you still put repetier on it or did they switch the boards?

With all of the problem post over XYZ in this forum why would you want one?

For the same price you could get a better open source machine that would already be running Repetier or Marlin and would not require cartridge based filament.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
johnboyjr wrote:

With all of the problem post over XYZ in this forum why would you want one?

For the same price you could get a better open source machine that would already be running Repetier or Marlin and would not require cartridge based filament.

because i can get one cheap. my ender 3 has already need a main board replaced any my geeetech a10 started to smoke. i have had a xyz pro for over a year and never had one problem. but you cant put repetier on a pro and i want to use a palette 2 on something other then a cheap Chinese printer

The only Chines brands I would buy are the monoprice  or wanhoa  then only from the usa warehouse.
I have two MP machines and they are not bad not perfect  but imho very workable especially if you can find a deal on one.

i posted a link to the "deal " on ebay for the mono price ultimate. it may bee worth a look . No pressure i do not make a dime off the listing. Do your own reasearch make your own choice.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17534/mo … -for-sale/

I too would not recommend a davinci . That said there is guy that comes to the local meetups that has several . he gets them cheap sinks in about $300 and turns them into nice printers.  so they can be modded.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

The CTC all metal units are good as well if you can find one. It is my work horse but it has also had many mods over the years.

You will be hard pressed to find a printer that does not need mods in the price range you are shooting for. Your best option if you insist on the XYZ is do gut the controller and ad another controller of your choice.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

6 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-25 16:28:42)

johnboyjr wrote:

because i can get one cheap. my ender 3 has already need a main board replaced any my geeetech a10 started to smoke. i have had a xyz pro for over a year and never had one problem. but you cant put repetier on a pro and i want to use a palette 2 on something other then a cheap Chinese printer

If you can get one cheap (<$70), you can put ender 3 into Da vinci 1.0 enclosure if you don't like Da Vinci 1.0 as 3D printer. Da Vinci 1.0 have very good case, you might need some work on the door, but if it cost you more to build an enclosure, it is a good alternative.

If you want to use it as Laser Engraver or pen plotter, it is also very good choice. However, it is not exactly a good 3D printer, you can get one cheap for a reason.

If you want to use it as 3D printer, be prepared to flash firmware to repetier-firmware, replace hotend wire harness and x-axis motor/endstop wire harness, replace hotend with E3D, add SD card extension cable, add glass bed, mod bed leveling screw. replace rod shaft mount to printed one, and if you do all these correctly, then you get a good 3d printer. None of these mod are expensive, but you need the skills to do it right.

Based on the fact that your ender 3 has already need a main board replaced and your geeetech a10 started to smoke, I would not recommend you buy Da vinci 1.0 to use as 3D printer (You should know yourself better and make your own decision). Keep in mind Da vinci 1.0 is xyzprinting first generation product, lots of design flaws, Da Vinci 1.0 Pro is a later generation product, some of these design flaws are fixed.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1