Topic: Printer with large build volume

Hi! I came across this new 3D printer today called Phrozen Transform, it's build volume is actually pretty big. What are people's thoughts on it? Their other printers seem to have decent reviews.

https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/phrozen-t … 6-12-2018/

Re: Printer with large build volume

Do not know kickstater campaign what can i say.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

beware of kickstarter campaigns.. many never actually materialize...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:

beware of kickstarter campaigns.. many never actually materialize...

Some just take your money and run with it. Then there is nothing you can do about it.

Looking at you Peachy Print.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I have no idea how responsible these kick-starter will be, never tried. They are all different people and the credibility varies, some of them do deliver their promise, but statistically speaking the chance are not that satisfying.

However, by definition, these kick-starter project almost always give you first generation of product that have not been seriously tested by consumers and often have unexpected design flaws that need to be fixed in the following updated versions if the company survives the first waves of criticism.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Folks have already mentioned the biggest risk of kickstarter is not getting your product.

Another thing to consider is delay. I went in on the OLO / ONO resin printer. While they are still around and still claim they will fulfill the kickstarter orders, I don't believe they have yet shipped a production unit and are at least 2 years behind on their delivery date. In that time, the Wanhao D7 came out at a price point I could afford and I bought one.

I may not technically get scammed out of my money on this one but by the time they ship it to me, if ever, it will be much less use to me than it would have 2 years ago.

The other resin printer I kickstarted before this one, one of the partners spent a bunch of the money on his house and they had to fold. No one got anything.

Both of these were inexpensive and I went in knowing I might lose my money and get nothing in return. I wanted to get into resin printing cheaply at first so I decided it was worth the risk.

I would only recommend kickstarter if you want something innovative that does not yet exist at retail and you are willing to lose the money and get nothing.