Topic: Blackbelt 3D Printing

Conveyor belt printing. Interesting having one of the print dimensions be Infinity. Lol. Anyone know about these machines and know if there will be a less industrial version that hobbyists can buy?

Re: Blackbelt 3D Printing

Rocketman wrote:

Conveyor belt printing. Interesting having one of the print dimensions be Infinity. Lol. Anyone know about these machines and know if there will be a less industrial version that hobbyists can buy?

It's actually meant for printing many large objects unattended. They also usually use a much larger roll of filament.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

It's actually meant for printing many large objects unattended. They also usually use a much larger roll of filament.

What's wrong with that? Everyone complains about size limits eventually.

They don't recommend abs. Know anything about what they do use? Looks like one of them maybe their own recipe.

Blackbelt typically shares prints made with ColorFabb nGen. I know that Brook Drumm was working on a PrintrBot version called the PrintrBelt.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

5 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-12-14 14:12:42)

Rocketman wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

What's wrong with that? Everyone complains about size limits eventually.

They don't recommend abs. Know anything about what they do use? Looks like one of them maybe their own recipe.

What I meant was printing various large objects or small objects. The concept is that once a print is done, the belt moves that print out of the way and a new print can start. It's not intended to make a larger object over one axis although it could probably. I don't think the belt moves like an axis would though. The X and Y are moved by the head.

The parts as they are finished move down the belt to cool and once cool fall off the end into a catch bin for processing later if needed. This set up saves time as an operator does not have to wait for the last print to cool and remove it before the next print can start.

This was tech was actually talked about several years ago so it is really not all that new.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

https://blackbelt-3d.com/
"The Blackbelt 3D printer is a new type of 3D printer using fused filament fabrication (FFF) in combination with innovative belt technology. Printing on a belt (patent pending) provides new possibilities like long prints, printing horizontal overhangs without support and producing series production of the same or individual parts.. "
They are marketing it as being for making longer parts and for continuous production

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

7 (edited by heartless 2018-12-15 02:01:55)

for $13,000.00 (for JUST the printer - no extras) I think I will pass...

https://blackbelt-3d.com/blackbelt-3d-p … op-version

http://soliforum.com/i/?y2SzbrN.png

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:

for $13,000.00 (for JUST the printer - no extras) I think I will pass...

https://blackbelt-3d.com/blackbelt-3d-p … op-version

http://soliforum.com/i/?y2SzbrN.png

Insane price, I not see where this amount of money is invested here ...

Regards!

I heard people saying "You get what you paid for" a lot.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

I heard people saying "You get what you paid for" a lot.

$13,000 is a BIT much for this type of printer..
it is basically a Prusa style with a different bed setup..
$1300 i could see, heck, even $3000 - but $13,000??
Ummm, no, that is really not a justifiable price for what it is.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Agreed the printbot version was selling for $1699 mid summer last year. Just before  Brooke  pulled the plug on print bot.
he is still supporting the ubis site and there was noise of putting files on the net.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura