1 (edited by mattmiddleton709 2018-12-12 18:11:52)

Topic: Davinci 1.0 ramps conversion question

I have followed a couple guides to get me to the point I'm currently at. I used the frankenvinci documentation the most but I still have a question about the little pcb board next to the hot end. Can I just use the stock wires and leave the pcb hooked up? Or will this cause issues. In the frankenvinci information he said if he had traced out what the pcb was doing he would have just used the stock wiring harness in hind sight. I have identified the wires coming from the pcb but will just hooking it to the ramps cause any issues? He ended up making a new harness and most make one on the jr conversions as well. Thanks in advance.

http://soliforum.com/i/?uHZgjc6.jpg

Re: Davinci 1.0 ramps conversion question

I suggest leaving the previous controller board(s) in place but unplugged. Attempting to control the printer with RAMPS while other components are connected (i.e. stepper chips, pull-up/pull-down resistors, etc) can cause headaches troubleshooting, unpredictable print performance, and possible damage to one or both of the controllers.

Re: Davinci 1.0 ramps conversion question

mattmiddleton709 wrote:

I have followed a couple guides to get me to the point I'm currently at. I used the frankenvinci documentation the most but I still have a question about the little pcb board next to the hot end. Can I just use the stock wires and leave the pcb hooked up? Or will this cause issues. In the frankenvinci information he said if he had traced out what the pcb was doing he would have just used the stock wiring harness in hind sight. I have identified the wires coming from the pcb but will just hooking it to the ramps cause any issues? He ended up making a new harness and most make one on the jr conversions as well. Thanks in advance.

http://soliforum.com/i/?uHZgjc6.jpg

The little PCB on the Extruder is just a pass through to make wiring neater. I have done the conversion on my 1.0. the board could be left connected to the extruder side but you would still need to connect your RAMPS to the controller side of the board so it could control the extruder. The best option is just remove the board and wire everything directly to the controller.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.