Topic: Need help rollbacking firmware to v1.1.1 on Da Vinci MiniMaker

Hello,

My fake NFC spool tags have worked excellently thanks to you all so far. I have then taken a brake from printing then opened XYZ a couple of months after, and I forgot I shouldn't update the firmware, and I accidentally did update to v1.1.4, initially I was on v1.1.1.

Whatever I do now, it won't print anymore even with newly generated NFC tags, it just keeps saying it's not a genuine (f** you XYZ!!!) cartridge.

So please if anyone has any idea on how I could do this, help me sad

Re: Need help rollbacking firmware to v1.1.1 on Da Vinci MiniMaker

If you are already using paper tags then you should not have any problems.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

I am indeed using Paper Tags, they have worked excellently before updating to v1.1.4, and suddenly stopped. I have tried two more brand new tags, they simply don't work anymore. The latest firmware must be doing something.

Mehigh wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

I am indeed using Paper Tags, they have worked excellently before updating to v1.1.4, and suddenly stopped. I have tried two more brand new tags, they simply don't work anymore. The latest firmware must be doing something.

Are you setting them for 300 or 200 meters? The newer firmwares only recognize 200 meters from what i have heard.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Mehigh wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

Are you setting them for 300 or 200 meters? The newer firmwares only recognize 200 meters from what i have heard.

I am setting them to 200m so it stays within the "normal" parameters of the software (showing 200m/200m instead of 300m/200m).

Da vinci mini, miniMaker or miniMaker W+? My miniMaker (orange color one) firmware 1.2.3 and I don't think that is the latest firmware version. I don't have this problem either.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

7 (edited by Mehigh 2018-12-07 00:31:08)

yizhou.he wrote:

Da vinci mini, miniMaker or miniMaker W+? My miniMaker (orange color one) firmware 1.2.3 and I don't think that is the latest firmware version. I don't have this problem either.

I have the Red one (not the one with yellow, just full red). Then I'll try to update the printer again but so far it doesn't work at all. May I know what app are you using to create your NFC tags please?

8 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-07 03:12:10)

OK, I can only downgrade firmware for DaVinci mini and miniMaker, the full red one is miniMaker W+, I don't have the firmware dump for miniMaker W+ yet.

I use android phone method.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

OK, I can only downgrade firmware for DaVinci mini and miniMaker, the full red one is miniMaker W+, I don't have the firmware dump for miniMaker W+ yet.

I use android phone method.

I guarantee you my printer is just a miniMaker, not W+. It is written on it and that's how XYZprinting detects it too. The W+ has wifi if I'm not mistaken? Mine doesn't, so if you could provide me with the downgrade firmware and maybe a procedure I'd be eternally thankful.

Here's an identical picture of it:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61QJI9I9KEL._SL1200_.jpg

10 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-07 23:10:20)

miniMaker also have wifi, Da Vinci mini don't have wifi, please double check your model number of the printer. You can find the model number with miniMover easily.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17028/pr … minimaker/

The procedure of downgrade is post here, I can not predict what will happen if you flash miniMaker firmware to mini or miniMaker W+. Please double check your model number before proceed.

3DF10M = "XYZprinting, 3D Printer da Vinci miniMaker"
3DF10MW = "XYZprinting, 3D Printer da Vinci Mini w"
3DF10MS = "XYZprinting, 3D Printer da Vinci Mini 3in1"
3DF10MV = "XYZprinting, 3D Printer da Vinci Mini Voice"
3DF10MW2 = "XYZprinting da Vinci mini w+"

The instruction is posted here:
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/17763/ho … cartridge/

11 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-07 23:09:12)

OK, I did some research, your model number should be dv1MX0A000 3FM1X, for all da vinic mini, miniMaker, miniMaker W+, only 3FM1X latest firmware is 1.1.4.

You can try downgrade to 1.1.0 and then upgrade to 1.1.1. The attached firmware 1.1.0 are firmware dump and intended to be uploaded with SAM-BA version 2.18, the 1.1.1 are downloaded from XYZprinting website and are intended for upgrade with xyzware advanced mode.

Post's attachments

Da_Vinci_mini_1_dv1MX0A000_3FM1XP_Dump_1.1.0.bin 512 kb, 29 downloads since 2018-12-07 

X-8695a578-e90e-4e97-be3b-c1f1e3ff6a46_3FM1X_FW_V1.1.1.bin 283.03 kb, 19 downloads since 2018-12-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

yizhou.he wrote:

OK, I did some research, your model number should be dv1MX0A000 3FM1X, for all da vinic mini, miniMaker, miniMaker W+, only 3FM1X latest firmware is 1.1.4.

You can try downgrade to 1.1.0 and then upgrade to 1.1.1. The attached firmware 1.1.0 are firmware dump and intended to be uploaded with SAM-BA version 2.18, the 1.1.1 are downloaded from XYZprinting website and are intended for upgrade with xyzware advanced mode.

First of all I'd like to thank you for your enormous help.

I have succeeded to flash the v1.1.0 firmware, whenever I try to flash the v1.1.1 you attached, the printer doesn't do anything. It's in the "Write Flash" state (led off, fan on) just like nothing would have been written on it.

I have tried to print with the v1.1.0 firmware you attached, it's not working, it's displaying the same issue with "Genuine Cartridges". I don't really understand why. I have cut my connection off before starting XYZmakerSuite to see if they do a fishy firmware update without letting me know, but so far there's no success in printing and the firmware hasn't changed.

I don't really see what I'm doing wrong, do I need to use an old version of XYZ printing software rather than the latest one XYZmakerSuite?

Mehigh wrote:
yizhou.he wrote:

First of all I'd like to thank you for your enormous help.

I have succeeded to flash the v1.1.0 firmware, whenever I try to flash the v1.1.1 you attached, the printer doesn't do anything. It's in the "Write Flash" state (led off, fan on) just like nothing would have been written on it.

I have tried to print with the v1.1.0 firmware you attached, it's not working, it's displaying the same issue with "Genuine Cartridges". I don't really understand why. I have cut my connection off before starting XYZmakerSuite to see if they do a fishy firmware update without letting me know, but so far there's no success in printing and the firmware hasn't changed.

I don't really see what I'm doing wrong, do I need to use an old version of XYZ printing software rather than the latest one XYZmakerSuite?

Status: It works with my very first written NFC Tag, I remember having used another application to generate that specific tag. The problem is that I don't know how to write the NFC Tag properly like I did the very first time since there are many apps on this forum and apparently some of them don't work.

14 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-12-08 14:35:18)

just stick with whatever tag that works, you should be able to reuse stock ntag. after you used all of them for one round, redo this firmware reset and upload, you will be able to reuse these tag again.

you might write your paper tag wrong, post the tag data and see if any expert can help you identify the problem. I use android phone method I post in the guide.

hello i need help i have a Davinci Color printer, i have updated the firmware to 1.4.0 and now is printing badly