Topic: PLA Carbon Fiber Filament and others

Hello fellow printers i was wondering if you guys have noticed the new type of PLA filament advertised on the official website infused with carbon fiber, wood etc, if so i was curious if someone used it before or a different brand (generic) how those work if they print good, any specific application, temperature, does it need special nozzle as i heard? feel free to enlight us with your knowledge.

Re: PLA Carbon Fiber Filament and others

there goes your nozzle if you use much of it

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Sliverwolf_1 wrote:

Hello fellow printers i was wondering if you guys have noticed the new type of PLA filament advertised on the official website infused with carbon fiber, wood etc, if so i was curious if someone used it before or a different brand (generic) how those work if they print good, any specific application, temperature, does it need special nozzle as i heard? feel free to enlight us with your knowledge.

You will need a stainless steel nozzle. The common brass nozzle will be eaten alive by the carbon fiber. It is extremely abrasive.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by Sliverwolf_1 2018-12-02 20:28:17)

Thanks for the info, it seems i would have to get the stainless steel nozzle