Topic: Davinci 1.0 not recognized in windows 10

Hi everyone. I just registered today so I could get some assistance. I have a davinci 1.0 that I flashed repetier on years ago. I haven't used the printer for at least a year. I got a great idea for an accessory so I modeled it up and tried to print. When I plug the usb cable in I get nothing showing up in the com ports. No beeps nothing that shows the printer actually is plugged in. I have tried 2 different usb cables with the same results. The printer seems to start up fine. It beeps and the lights come on. I can cycle through the menus and have it heat up and unload the filament or clean the nozzle. I have a second pc and it does the same thing on it as well. It worked great the last time I used it. I don't understand how it broke being unplugged and turned off. Where do I need to start trouble shooting this? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Davinci 1.0 not recognized in windows 10

Are you use the same computer you used to flash the repetier-firmware? That computer should have driver installed correctly.

If it is different computer, or you have reinstalled windows on the computer, you need to reinstall driver for the printer. Install latest version of arduino, and install support for DUE board, the copy the Copy variants.cpp and USBCore.cpp files from repetier-firmware to replace the DUE board version, then you should be able to find the com ports. basically following the step 4 and 5 of the flash guide:

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16731/ho … updated-4/

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I'm using the same pc that it was flashed on. It worked fine the last time I used it. This morning I followed the tutorial again and redid everything from scratch. It will not recognize the printer when it's plugged in. Now I have a printer with no firmware.  I followed this tutorial http://www.soliforum.com/topic/16731/ho … updated-4/

you only need to do step 4 and 5 in order to install driver.

if you plug in other new usb device to this computer, will this computer recognize it?

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I tried just doing those steps to start with but no luck. I decided to reflash it but that was a mistake. Is there any way to troubleshoot the motherboard to see if the usb connection is bad? If not can anyone help me with a good how to on using a ramps motherboard?

There are several Ramp conversion threads. The process is pretty much the same. It's just a matter of identifying and marking all the wires and adding the required connectors.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

1.5 years later? did you get this figured out?

I just did a 0.92 Repetier upgrade to a da vinci 1.0. After I shorted JP1, my recently upgraded Windows 10 laptop would see the printer as a Busa device (spelling?) and I could attempt an upload. I had a few problems with the upload (had to find the variants.cpp file to change), so I tried the upload a few times. BUT, each time I tried an upload, which failed, the laptop would not recognize the Da Vinci. I re shorted JP1 and then my computer recognized the da vinci as a Busa device again, and after getting varints.cpp copied to the right place, my up load worked.

Dan
FFCP
Da Vinci 1.0 - Repetier 0.92!