1 (edited by modern78 2018-09-21 03:51:13)

Topic: Help with RAMPS 1.4 conversion for xyz AIO

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I recently began the conversion of my AIO after bricking it. All the wiring is complete and I did upload the marlin software but I'm having issues.1- The extruder motor isn't doing anything. 2- the carriage isn't centering it's self when it starts a print and last the temperature is way off. The hot bed always reads 24 degrees even though it was off. I received a max temp error code because the hot bed temp would not stop rising. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure is there is a more complete arduino code that is complete and ready to plug and play or I'll have to twerk no matter what. Thanks

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-09-21 11:56:32)

Re: Help with RAMPS 1.4 conversion for xyz AIO

Not sure why you would use Marlin when there is already a Repetier Firmware port that supports most of the Da Vinci machines. You just have to set the motherboard type when you upload it.

Also the stock thermistors are not normal thermistors so the standard Marlin settings will not work. The 24 degrees you are measuring is your room temperature. They should always show a temp as long as the machine is on.

You will need to change out the bed thermistor to a standard NTC 100K that is the common on most printers use. Same for the hotend as well.

Please note that the scanner function will no longer work. It will only work with a stock board.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I'm installing marlin because my board was damaged when I tried jumping it to reflash it to install repetiter. I installed a RAMPS and marlin because it seemed the only solution that I have seen to convert this printer. If the repetiter can installed much easier then I can definitely give that a try. I would just like to get this printer working again

So the stay with Marlin.

Now for your problems. On the extruder motor, do you have the heater on the hotend on? The extruder motor will not run unless the hotend is up to temperature. For the centering issue you have to fudge the bed size in the host to get it to center. Again the 24 degrees is your room temp and bot the bed and hotend should read similar as long as the machine is on.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I don't know if the hotend heats up. I'm getting a heating failure error currently which I wasn't getting before. The 24 degrees shows up on only the bed. If the I swap locations the hotend, it's shows 24.