Topic: DaVinci Pro 3in1: Offline printing directly from flyout SD card

I'm trying to overcome problems with slow upload through USB / WiFi from unstable XYZWare Pro.

I found someinteresting information on sdcard:
filename.txt = filename of current printfile
offline_print.3w = standard name for printfile
Printcount.txt = it contains number, probably line of gcode where printing stopped last time (deleted if print is finished correctly)

I'm able to insert flyout extension microSD card holder.
I'm able to decrypt and crypt 3w files (gcode files are not accepted by Pro 3in1 model).
I'm able to display option to Resume last printing through saving offline_print.3w file + saving any number to printcount.txt file.

I can't say for sure, if it starts on right place or not (is it zerobased row number?) and if there is simplier way to print from other slicer (Cura, full version of Slic3r, Kisslicer ...). It is no problem to create headers to accept gcode converted to 3w with all informations inside = material, time, filament used ....

Is there anyone, who allready succesfully passed all these steps ?

(there could be no difference between Pro and Pro 3in1 models)

Re: DaVinci Pro 3in1: Offline printing directly from flyout SD card

If it has a sample file that you can print then all you need to do is move your file to the card and rename your file to the sample file name and then print it as a demo from the LCD.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Your solution seems to be problem for me. It seems that it cannot be used, while using other material without cartridge.
It always tell me on display something like : Material not support

I will try to modify manually GCODE in decrypted form, but I don't know, if it will help.
Maybe combination of settings material to abs, filament used to 0 and placing original empty cartridge with chip in printer could help to print demo files with custom temp/material.

Also I found, that printer is not able to accept .gcode files, only .3w files are supported :-( 

Firmware in my printer is 1.1.9

I will try to build cartridge chip programmer and we will see .... it could be the best solution for alternative filament.

one thought on printcount, when I import saved sliced models on my davinci, it says unlimited uses, this is because I create my own designs, I would guess that some designs are coded to only allow a certain number of reproductions, which is where this may come in.

I see .... so it could be number of allowed prints. But why/how it changes after power failure (my UPS shutdown via ON/OFF button)?

I created these models by myself in Onshape, saved by STL and sliced in XYZWARE Pro. There was number 38 in princount.txt last time,  so it does not correspond with unlimited use/print.

If this is true, then it is not possible to modify remembered line number of GCODE (=3W file), cause it is placed somewhere in eeprom. To be able to print from offline_print.3w, I need to be able to set resume print to first line of 3W file.
I will try to use SAMPLE001.3W approach instead ..... I hope, I can force to use custom material instead of ABS cartridge. I can't get other filaments than ABS (two colors only available) in our country. No PLA, no PETG, no ThoughPLA here for testing ....

Still not working:  Material no support error.

I will recompile ThreeDubber with new settigns for my DaVinci model, currently is printerID hardcoded in source code and also some other things are fixed.

We will see, if it helps....

8 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-10-01 14:33:13)

When you slice with XYZWare Pro, you need to set the material to whatever material the current cartridge is in. The machine reads the filament material and color from the chip in cartridge that sit in the machines, and if it does not match with the  filament material and color in your .3w file, you get "Material not support error".

So in short, if you have black ABS cartridge, set ABS black in XYZware Pro, slice and save the file as SAMPLE001.3W, copy to SD card, insert to your SD extension slot, reboot machine, and try to print.

If it works, and you want to change to whatever material and color you want, change the corresponding information in the chip with chip resetter if you have DaVinci machine. Since you have DaVinci Pro, you should be able to use 3rd party filament without the chip. I have no experience with DaVinci Pro, but I think you should remove the filament cartridge if you are using 3rd party filament, otherwise machine still reads material information from the cartridge and it will conflict with the one in .3w file.

So, first thing to try, remove the filament cartridge, and see if it will print with your current file, if it isn't, put the cartridge back and set material to whatever your filament cartridge specifies, and try again, if it still does not work, let us know the error message and we can further troubleshoot.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

9 (edited by pentaxxx 2018-10-02 10:07:09)

Thank you, but I have no cartridge inside printer normally (my original is almost empty now). I'm using other material from external spool, cause it is problem to buy filament here i n Czech Republic.  I found only 2 shops here with XYZ cartridges (ABS only, no PLA, T-PLA or PETG) and both have delivery time unknown. (they have only Junior version with NFC tag and also with delivery time cca 14-30 days).

Combination of almost empty ABS red cartridge with EEPROM chip and setting ABS red + custom temperature (no problem to set PLA values for ABS cartridge) in XYZWARE (or slicer gcode commands + modified version of Threedubber) help me. Only problem is that I must everytime confirm Filament low warning at start of print.
It will need to reset cartridge (I have Arduino UNO, mini pro and nano and I'm currently able to read info from chip).

I'm trying now to send incorrect filament usage info through Threedubber to decrease filament used to 0,01m on each print.
Hope it will work for external slic3r and cura, but just as temporary solution.
It seems, that setting other material in XYZWare Pro (I verified header of .3W) also need any type of cartridge present in printer to use Demo print hack from menu. I don't need cartridge for printing with custom material in XYZware crappy soft.
Also if I had cartridge (accindentally) in printer and printed PETG from external spool, filament used on ABS cartridge chip was decreased, no matter, that I had set other material in XYZWare. (So it is not so opensource filament as they advertising..... :-D )

10 (edited by pentaxxx 2018-10-03 12:40:08)

Progress .... I found cartridge is little bit different in terms of chip information.
I read from eeprom, that filament is written on more places than cartridge chip reseter is writing. On my cartridge is current length 3x 4bytes written on address 0x34, 0x38 and 0x3c. And also same for every 128 byte block again (chip is 1024bytes as I know, so there is "backup copy" on rest of chip address space).
Block 0x40-0x8f seems to be untouched till today.

I will try to modify arduino sketch addresses to correct places and also serial number counter is not correctly defined (cartridge SN is longer and placed randomly in 64 bytes block and not as continuous 12 byte block). I can't find updated source code, so I try to change it by myself (have c#, vb, pascal knowledge, so it will be easy to read source code a repair it).

Update:
filament cartridge changed successfully, written 100m on address 0x34, 0x38 and 0x3c and updated 4bytes with serial number +1 on 0x18. Everything else untouched .... (no need to change material/temp)

I thing, that only last 7 bytes of serialnumber is safe to change by increment (other bytes are related to material / country and not simple counter):
#define DATE 0x05    //4 Bytes           wrong only 3 bytes    part of SN , another part is in 0x14-0x17 and 0x18-0x1b
#define SN 0x18    //12 Bytes         wrong 4bytes     last four digits of SN

#define TOTALLEN 0x08 //4 Bytes      on 0x40-0x7f seems to be copy of original values, 0x74-0x77 is TOTALLEN again
#define NEWLEN 0x0C //4 Bytes     wrong it seems to be always same value as TOTALLEN
#define LEN 0x34    //4 Bytes
#define LENcopy1 0x38  //4 Bytes   my printer is writing same value (filament rest) here again
#define LENcopy2 0x3C  //4 Bytes    my printer is writing same value (filament rest) here again

So I found serial, material, color, hotend temp, bed temp, 3 copies of both filament remaining and filament original.

If I was correct only rows 0x30 and 0x70 are modified during print
I also found that last 4 bytes on address 0x7c-0x7f are very similar for more posted cartridges, but my is not changed during last 8 hours my is ending ....0B00 other cartridges I saw have .7..0A00 or .7..0B00.

Have you made sure the heading in the 3w file is correct, I remember when I saved a file from a different slicer  I had to adjust the header