Topic: tronxy x1 z axis problems

Hello! i just bought and assembled this printer off of a kit i just got on a sale. it's my first 3D printer, just something to tinker around with. after i assembled it after i leveled the bed i tried to print out the test cube, the printer would go 35.5mm above the plate and try to print. i don't know whats going on. thank you for your time.

2 (edited by Tin Falcon 2018-09-15 11:12:30)

Re: tronxy x1 z axis problems

when you home the z axis where does the nozzle stop.
is there  a -35.5 mm offset in your software ?

We may need more info .

And do not feel bad i have several printers and several years experience. My newest printer  throws a `-15.5 mm offset in when you try to level the bed. I just do not use the level routine  i think someone pout some extra numbers in the firmware or misplaced a decimal.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

thanks, i just homed the machine and it tried to go past the bottom the the bed, i had to turn it off so it wouldn't damage the nozzle and after when i try to print it goes about 15mm above the printer bed, if you need any more info just ask. thank you

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-09-15 14:08:57)

putin's little hacker wrote:

thanks, i just homed the machine and it tried to go past the bottom the the bed, i had to turn it off so it wouldn't damage the nozzle and after when i try to print it goes about 15mm above the printer bed, if you need any more info just ask. thank you

Did your build instructions not include any steps for Zeroing and calibrating the Z axis? It sounds to me it has not been calibrated. It is ignoring your endstops. Did you confirm they work and function as expected when each axis is home? Are they connected to the correct port on the board.?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

the instructions did not come with instructions for zeroing the z axis only leveling the bed and i just checked the switches are plunged into the wright ports on the control board and they seem to be ignored on the y and z axis. thank you.

6 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-09-15 18:44:21)

I have no experience with tronxy x1, if you don't have manual, search tronxy x1 in youtube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htV6nejX7nY

my guess is you switched y axis and z axis endstop on mainboard or you installed y axis endstop on z axis spot.

if you know how to send gcode command to printer, try send M118 while press your y or z axis endstop and see if the endstop status changes accordingly when you press the endstop manually.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

yizhou.he wrote:

I have no experience with tronxy x1, if you don't have manual, search tronxy x1 in youtube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=htV6nejX7nY

my guess is you switched y axis and z axis endstop on mainboard or you installed y axis endstop on z axis spot.

if you know how to send gcode command to printer, try send M118 while press your y or z axis endstop and see if the endstop status changes accordingly when you press the endstop manually.

It's actually M119... smile

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

sorry, typo, need buy iphone plus.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1