Topic: PVA Filament

Hi guys,

I received my new printer a couple of days ago (Wanhao Duplicator 4S) and I am trying to use PVA for the supports but seem to be having a lot of trouble getting it to work. It starts off perfect (when using raft) but then either stops extruding or gets really patchy, when I use the raft the PLA extrudes really dodgy if at all. Have tried multiple ways of printing it E.g changing the temp changing the different supports but it makes no difference, in the end it just stopped extruding all together, I know it wasn't stuck in the head cause I loaded a different filament into it and no PVA came out with the colour. The temp recommended for the particular PVA I have is 180-210 degrees celsius and the bed temp I use is 70 degrees celsius. But as I said before I have tried all different temps. WHAT CAN I DO?

Re: PVA Filament

the  first thing that comes to mind is moisture in the filament. PVA is very hydroscopic.
And a partially clogged nozzle  the Chinese are notorious for leaving machining chips in things.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

3 (edited by emanuel 2019-02-14 18:22:55)

Re: PVA Filament

Tin Falcon wrote:

the  first thing that comes to mind is moisture in the filament. PVA is very hydroscopic.
And a partially clogged nozzle  the Chinese are notorious for silverstone f1 2019 chips in things.

Thanks for the clarification!