Topic: Push fit connector in the UK

Hi all. I'm hoping you can help because I'm tearing my hair out here! I was printing the other day and the filament tube popped off at the extruder end. Bit of investigation later and it seems several of the teeth have broken off inside. No big. I'll order a new one thinks I. After a painful week long wait for delivery, it arrived today, and it doesn't fit! The screw part is too short to engage the nut. Trouble is, looking at ALL the other options on ebay or amazon, I cant find anything else which looks any longer! Does anyone know where I could possibly get a replacement as soon as possible? It's an M5 4mm push fit connector if it helps. In the attached pic, the original is on the top and the new is on the bottom.

Many thanks,

Post's attachments

20180903_172651.jpg
20180903_172651.jpg 4.2 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Push fit connector in the UK

try this made in Great Brittan.

https://e3d-online.com/threaded-bowden- … tions=cart

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

First, assume you are talking about Da Vinci Jr. extruder, correct?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenlacum-Conne … +connector

I think this one will work, the one you ordered is wired, the top hexagon part is too long and prevent it from getting inside .

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Hi TinFalcon. Thanks for that, but I think the fitting is wrong. It needs to be an M5 (5mm) thread.

Hi yizhou.he. Yes! A da vinci Jr. Sorry, I should have specified that. The ones you've linked to look OK, but they're a month delivery to the UK. I may order some but if you or anyone knows of anything quicker I'd be very grateful. I'm in the middle of a project and not having the printer is killing me!

since the new one will not fit, if you don't plan to send it back, take out the top plastic cover and transfer the metal tooth to the old one, this is the fastest way i can think of to put your printer back to work.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I just tried that, and the end snapped off! Shame. Seemed like a good idea.

Finally found one that works! This style will work and there are a number of examples on ebay which ship to the UK within a week.  Hope this helps others in the future.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 2613485362