Topic: RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield, or RAMPS

Most  if not all of us in 3d printing have heard of the RAMPS1.4 board. it seems to be the mosdt popular and least expensive  choice.
But what about the ramps 1.5 1.6 or even 1.7

Folger tech is still shipping the kossel kit and the 2020 I3 with the ramps 1.4.  but you can get 1 a 1.5 board as an option.For $6.99

https://www.folgertech.com/products/ram … 3d-printer

Or one can purchase a ramps 1.6  board directly from the manufacturer for $8.60

https://www.biqu.equipment/products/biq … -ramps-1-4

And of course from amazon at roughly twice the price.

The 1.7 version is in prototype stage. and yet to be released.

so what are the differences.

1.4 big ugly fuses and a connector that has some issues if not properly plugged in mosfets vertically mounted.

1.5  surface mount fuses mosfets flat on the board  , heavier screw type connectors.For power and heater bed.
1.6 same as above with a heatsink on the mosfets.
1.7 in development will use automotive spade fuses.

It appears the newer changes just happened in the last few months.  So if some of you have never heard of these updates do not feel bad I only learned about them yesterday.

It seems odd the the reprap wiki does not even mention the 1.6 board. they may consider this version a minor upgrade.

Tin

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield, or RAMPS

Thanks for sharing. So RAMPS 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 only difference in  fuses mosfets and connector and require no changes in Marlin configuration, correct?

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Re: RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield, or RAMPS

Thanks for sharing. So RAMPS 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 only difference in  fuses mosfets and connector and require no changes in Marlin configuration, correct?

To the best of my knowledge yes. I did not dive deep into the specs.  So pin-outs are the same

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura