Topic: Long time no print

So it’s been 5 years since I’ve turned on my printer. I replaced the hot end with a new one that can handle higher temp. Problem no matter what I do I can’t update the firmware. At some  point I loaned my printer out and apparently the USB port broke off the main board. So the person who borrowed it repaired it with a USB adapter board. I can print but not hot enough to get good layers. I want to buy a new board but I have been out of the game for so long I don’t know where to go. To be hi it’s I would rather pay to have this thing serviced and rehabbed but the company appears to have gone under. It’s been a while for me as I said.

Any help is appreciated if you happen to live in the New Jersey area I’m willing to pay for support.

Re: Long time no print

angeloyacone wrote:

So it’s been 5 years since I’ve turned on my printer. I replaced the hot end with a new one that can handle higher temp. Problem no matter what I do I can’t update the firmware. At some  point I loaned my printer out and apparently the USB port broke off the main board. So the person who borrowed it repaired it with a USB adapter board. I can print but not hot enough to get good layers. I want to buy a new board but I have been out of the game for so long I don’t know where to go. To be hi it’s I would rather pay to have this thing serviced and rehabbed but the company appears to have gone under. It’s been a while for me as I said.

Any help is appreciated if you happen to live in the New Jersey area I’m willing to pay for support.

The Ramps 1.4 and and LCD 2004 display are the easiest and most common controllers and you can usual get them bundled with a kit that has the controller, motor drivers, LCD, and new endstops for under $120 USD.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.