1 (edited by pascalbianca 2018-06-12 11:55:32)

Topic: Layer shifting

Hello everyone,

I bouth a second hand xyz davinci 1.0
i printed with abs the first 2 month without any problems.
Now it shift the layes.

Nothing was changed or renewd.
What did i do already do to look if that was the problem.
-I cleaned the bearings and rails, did not help.
-I checked the wiring , nothing wrong.
-I tryed to change the speed comminication protocol to a lower one, did not fix it.
-Set the print speed lower, did not work.

What did i not tryed.
-To print directly from sd cart.
-I have a very long usb cable between my printer and laptop, maybe thats the problem, but why does 2 big prints go good and now not anymore.
-To mutch heat in the printing house? , cooling with abs gives problem.

Does anybode has suggestions what could be the problem?
Sorry for my bad english.

If you want to see a photo of my problem just ask.

Re: Layer shifting

Many small problem can cause this. Most likely the wire harness is causing the problem. First check the pattern of the layer shift, does it always happen in x-axis or y-axis. check step motor cable and the plug carefully. Switch x-axis and y-axis step motor cable and see if the problem follows. Measuring with multiple-meter usually unable to detect this kind of stability issue because disconnection only happens when cable bend to certain angle.

Da Vinci 1.0 is known to have problematic wire harness issue. Since the motor current is not adjustable, the motor current too low is less likely. You should not be able to move hotend right after homing, if you can, you might need to looking into replace the step motor driver.

Print outside of printable area can also cause layer shift, and you should have rule that out first.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I checked all the cables.
Nothing was to be seen.
Again started printing and after a few layers you heard as if a band was skipping, such a rattling sound.
But together with my wife we looked at those things and could not see the slipping anywhere.

Now I wonder if it can not be the stepper motor itself from the inside?

I hope someone can see from the photo if it is the x or y axis that causes the problem.
Our opinion the x-axis.

http://soliforum.com/i/?D1CKEoH.jpg

I think it is the x-axis.
1. check if the belt for x-axis is too loose. Also check the gear on x-axis step motor is fixed to the motor, there is a black hex screw on the gear to make the sure the gear turns with motor, make sure that hex screw is tight.

2. check if anything is prevent hotend move to the very left. most likely the hotend wireharness, but can also be the hotend cooling fan if you have done something to it. You should be able to go around the problem by print a small cube in center or right side close to door corner.

some picture showing hotend and x-axis may help identify the issue.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

1. The belt is in my eyes not too loose , but for safety i made a bit tighter. Also i checked the motor, there is no hex screw on the gear, it is pressed over the ashes.

2. After my work i will try to print some cubes on diferent locations on my print bed to look where it happens.
also i make then some photo's for you.

I had a definite clunking noise with mine, and it turned out to be one of the pulleys the belt ran over at the end of the track, the pulley was snagging and those are spring mounted, a quick clean and lubrication were all mine needed, I also use inkjet printer rail oil on the steel rods the carriage moves on

https://www.fargo3dprinting.com/wp-cont … 101188.jpg

Its something like this, the black screw fix the gear on motor.

the pulley on the left side As Grendel mentioned is indeed another parts that Have relative  short life span. you can print a replacement part If something is broken and cleanning Does Not solve the problem.

The photo you show is not what i have.
That other part what you mentiond is fine.

But i will maken some pictures today for you.

9 (edited by pascalbianca 2018-06-14 14:41:58)

Yesterday evening i was again checking everthing.
In this forum a read that someone also had issues with the x steppemotor and he did change the cable from it, thats what you also mentioned.

After that i started the printer and after 2 hours everything was still fine, but had to stop it because i needed to go to bed.
So i'll try this again today.

But i have a new issue.
Yesterday the rest of the printer case was fine, but this morning i turned the printer on and the light in the case did'nt go on.
I powered the printer again off and again on but the light (leds) are still off.

What could there be the problem?

[update]

For some reason my printer did a reset, so also my language was reset from dutch to english , but the led bar was also shutdown, so that problem is solved.