1 (edited by klemieux 2018-06-08 15:29:33)

Topic: Prints are curling up on corners on Print Bed

Hi all,  I have a problem with my Davinci XYZ Pro Machine.  I have leveled my Print Bed.  I even did it again to make sure and it said it was Perfect again.  I put down the blue painters tape and lately I am having trouble with Curling on corners.  I don't understand why because my Bed is Level... This never happens when I level my print bed so i'm not sure what is going on.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Prints are curling up on corners on Print Bed

Is the weather in your area cooler now?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

recently we have been experiencing a cold front yes.

You are printing PLA or ABS?

For PLA, if you use painters tape, don't use heated bed. painters tape don't stick the bed very well after heated up.

For ABS, Don't use painters tape. use heated glass bed with glue stick or hair spray, use Brim if possible. Preheat the bed for 20 minutes before print to heat up the air in the case, and make sure all printer door and cover are closed. If you have the case fan MOD, turn the fan off.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

5 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-08 21:59:33)

yizhou.he wrote:

You are printing PLA or ABS?

For PLA, if you use painters tape, don't use heated bed. painters tape don't stick the bed very well after heated up.

For ABS, Don't use painters tape. use heated glass bed with glue stick or hair spray, use Brim if possible. Preheat the bed for 20 minutes before print to heat up the air in the case, and make sure all printer door and cover are closed. If you have the case fan MOD, turn the fan off.

Did you even see his reply to my question? His issue is the room is now colder than it used to be so he is having trouble keeping the print a uniform temp.

Klemieux I would suggest putting the printer in a location where it is warm or putting it in something you can heat to bring the temp up to what it was when your prints where working.

The issue is that the entire print needs to be kept a uniform temp and allowed to cool at a uniform rate. If your room is cooler than it used to be then chances are the outside of the print is cooling faster now so it is causing the curling.

Yes, I read his reply. If He print with PLA, the cold weather Will Not matter As long As He Don't use heated bed with painters tape.

If He print with ABS, painters tape Will Not work well regardless the room temperature.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

7 (edited by carl_m1968 2018-06-09 20:41:31)

yizhou.he wrote:

Yes, I read his reply. If He print with PLA, the cold weather Will Not matter As long As He Don't use heated bed with painters tape.

If He print with ABS, painters tape Will Not work well regardless the room temperature.

The issue is that his room is colder now and the print is cooling unevenly. It does not matter if the bed is heated or if he uses tape or not. If he cannot maintain the temperature around the print with an enclosure or heated cabinet then he will have curling. Not everyone has gone through the Hoops you have to have enclosures and temperature control as like you at one time they did not know such a thing would be an issue I also feel many printer designers don't take room temperature and control into account either.

keep in mind this is a global community and while North America is in the middle of summer the rest of the community is going into or are already in winter. So many of the new users are now seeing what many of the old users saw during the winter months in North America.

I find that putting PVC cement down over the painter's tape and hanging a 60-100W lamp above the bed gives me really great prints.

klemieux wrote:

Hi all,  I have a problem with my Davinci XYZ Pro Machine.  I have leveled my Print Bed.  I even did it again to make sure and it said it was Perfect again.  I put down the blue painters tape and lately I am having trouble with Curling on corners.  I don't understand why because my Bed is Level... This never happens when I level my print bed so i'm not sure what is going on.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Try using GECKOTEK EZ- STIK HOT  Mate