Topic: help with my davinci 1.0

I bought this used it came with repetier installed, anytime I try printing something over 2 inches the extruder stops printing but the motors are still going through the motion of printing? It prints smaller items fine even larger items as long as they are not tall, but once it hits a certain height it stops extruding plastic. Any ideas?

2 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-05-31 21:45:53)

Re: help with my davinci 1.0

For davinci 1.0, the wire harness cause the majority of the problem. When the wire bent to certain angle as the printing going through, the connect is not solid anymore. Check if the extruder step motor still turning and the cooling fan still running when it stop extruding plastic. Usually the problem will become better or worse after you mess with the wire harness and it is recommended to replace with better wire to fix it for once and all.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Re: help with my davinci 1.0

Thank you I will definitely check wiring  tonight  when I get home!