Topic: 3D model sale, up to 50% off

http://soliforum.com/i/?HBy3NcH.png
CGTrader’s birthday sale is on May 22-29 with over 250,000 3D models (for games, VR, architecture and 3D printing) going on sale for up to 50% off. 3D artists are giving discounts to celebrate the 7th birthday of the marketplace that has the fairest conditions for designers worldwide.

https://www.cgtrader.com/sale

Re: 3D model sale, up to 50% off

Has anyone used these models? I am looking for some good Anime figures. I have some spare printer time but no time to design my own right now.

I do not understand the rigged model concept. Can a NOOB  put it in blender or Poser and manipulate it without too much trouble

Tevo Black Widow
MonoPrice Mini Delta
TonXY X5S-400, 2 each
Filastruder and Filawinder on order

Johns Print Farm wrote:

Has anyone used these models? I am looking for some good Anime figures. I have some spare printer time but no time to design my own right now.

I do not understand the rigged model concept. Can a NOOB  put it in blender or Poser and manipulate it without too much trouble

Many of those where never meant to be printed. I think they are mostly for games or other 3D applications. Thingiverse began the same way. It was simply a depository of 3D rendered stuff. Most of the artist had/have no clue what it takes to make a model printable. Even today there are still objects put up on thingiverse that er very or impossible to print.

There needs to be a site where printable models are shared. Only models that have actually been printed can be shared and there must be a picture of the printed model posted with the STL. You will notice a lot of models on thingiverse that have no makes. Makes or where other people printed them. Well there are none because no one has managed to print that model yet.

From my understanding of a rigged model from my experience in Second life, it has parts that are added that are separate from the model but move and work with the model. Like a belt that is actually not part of the models texture but a stand alone piece that is added to the model so that it can move independent of the model. Or even long hair that moves in the opposite direction of the model so that it looks like the wind is moving it. I may be wrong though but that is what the term rigged means in SL.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Johns Print Farm wrote:

Many of those where never meant to be printed. I think they are mostly for games or other 3D applications. Thingiverse began the same way. It was simply a depository of 3D rendered stuff. Most of the artist had/have no clue what it takes to make a model printable. Even today there are still objects put up on thingiverse that er very or impossible to print.

There needs to be a site where printable models are shared. Only models that have actually been printed can be shared and there must be a picture of the printed model posted with the STL. You will notice a lot of models on thingiverse that have no makes. Makes or where other people printed them. Well there are none because no one has managed to print that model yet.

From my understanding of a rigged model from my experience in Second life, it has parts that are added that are separate from the model but move and work with the model. Like a belt that is actually not part of the models texture but a stand alone piece that is added to the model so that it can move independent of the model. Or even long hair that moves in the opposite direction of the model so that it looks like the wind is moving it. I may be wrong though but that is what the term rigged means in SL.

There is a site like that, it's https://www.myminifactory.com/  Go take a look there and you'll find tons of free printable stuff.

As far as rigged models are concerned, it refers to 3D models intended for animation.  A rig, is basically underlying skeleton that has articulation point which can be controlled.  Most rigged models are for 3D Studio Max, but some are intended for use in games.  Steam provide a SDK for people to create their own character for integration in games that use the Half-Life engine.

Sketchfab has a lot of printable models.  Some of the best models however, will still require some re-work to get them 3D print ready.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Johns Print Farm wrote:

If you need a custom model, you can use our jobs section - https://www.cgtrader.com/jobs