Topic: Azteeg X3 with Surestepr SD8825

Hi All

have wired up a new Azteeg X3 with Surestepr SD8825 and the steppers will not move

when i send a movement they hum briefly then just lock and that is it

heater hit end and end stops all work

using Marlin 1.1.x

pulling my hair out at the moment

Re: Azteeg X3 with Surestepr SD8825

Have you measured the current limit setting on each. What is it set at? The current setting could be too low.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Have set it to 2.3 amps for the test stepper

On the X3 pro wiring diagram it shows that P3 needs to be connected, the X3 does not show it. Does P3 on the X3 need to be connected?

riffraff762 wrote:

Have set it to 2.3 amps for the test stepper

On the X3 pro wiring diagram it shows that P3 needs to be connected, the X3 does not show it. Does P3 on the X3 need to be connected?

I have an X3 Pro, but I am not seeing this P3 on my diagram? Could you tell me where it is at and I might be able to help you out more once I know what P3 is for.

this is the Pro

http://soliforum.com/i/?M6RVeZE.jpg

top left of the diagram shows the bridged "Input3"

the X3 (not pro) has the same connector but nothing about connecting it

In the above diagram those connections are to EXP1, not EXP3. EXP3 are the upper six pins while EXP1 are the lower six pins. You will only use those three pins you have marked if you are using the BLtouch which is an auto leveling touch sensor. So unless you are going to use one, ignore those pins. See the note drawn in the middle of the board.

7 (edited by riffraff762 2018-04-16 06:04:35)

sorry not that high on the drawing

were it has "connect to main input for single supply"

and i should point out that i am interstate for a week or so or i would have tried it sad

riffraff762 wrote:

sorry not that high on the drawing

were it has "connect to main input for single supply"

and i should point out that i am interstate for a week or so or i would have tried it sad

Ah now I get it. You are talking about the power inputs and the difference in them between the X3 and the X3 PRO.

The X3 is designed for only one voltage and that is connected to the large black connector marked PWR3 and can be 12 to 24 volts depending on what your hotends and fans need to run.

The X3 Pro is designed to run on ONE or THREE different supplies. The large black connector which is marked MAIN INPUT is used for feeding the heated beds and the logic on the board. It can be be up to 30 volts depending on what your bed heaters need. The board has a regulator so regardless of the voltage you use the board will get the correct voltage for logic. Input 3 which is the small green connector along the top is used to power the stepper motors. This is in case you want to run the system at 12 volts but would like to run the steppers at 24 volts. You can use an independent supply for the steppers. Input 2 below the bed outputs is used to power the hotends. Again in case you want to run a different voltage from the system voltage you can connect an independent supply to here.

If you are going to run using only one supply then you need to connect all three inputs to the same supply just like the show in the drawing for the PRO. If using a single supply you will also need to make sure it can handle the current needed for all three of those connections. Just add all three fuse values together and make sure the supply can put that much current out.

thanks heaps for that, will give it a go soon as i can.