Topic: Have I got a warped bed?

trying to level the bed using 16mm by .2mm squares
the center square is not wright. is my bed warped.
Thanks.
Dale
http://soliforum.com/i/?b4hb2Cu.jpg

Ultimaker S3.

Re: Have I got a warped bed?

Yes it looks like you have a high center. Your glass looks to be rather thin. It should be 6mm or 1/4 to avoid following the warp in the bed. You may also need to look into getting the aluminum stiffeners for the L brackets that the bed mounts to.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

You can also use some Kapton Tape around the perimeter under the glass to act as a shim.  It’s not the ideal solution but definitely works.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I am not printing on glass just Kapton.

Ultimaker S3.

I have a piece of 3/16 borsite  but I quit using it because it kept coming off the bed.

Ultimaker S3.

Spray the bottom of the glas with a heavy coat of Aquanet extreme hold unscented.  Stick it on your build plate.  Heat cool cycle 3 times.  The hairspray will bubble creating a little micro shims.  It’ll stick very wel yet still be removable.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

My Makerbot is fully enclosed so i don't want to spray hair spray inside the unit.
I can spray the glass and then put it in the bed but at that point  do I use glue stick
on top. or is their someway I can use the spray and not get it on everything in the printer.

Thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

8 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-04-08 14:59:27)

dubbsd wrote:

I have a piece of 3/16 borsite  but I quit using it because it kept coming off the bed.

http://solidoodletips.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/img_5319.jpg

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/a6/e2/7e/da/4a/4281b02e1ce3d7e8a4a55dddb6de17fb_preview_featured.jpg

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I was going to get the glass company to drill the 4 corners but thet wanted $10 a hole.

Ultimaker S3.

Move your bed to the bottom.  Cover anything near the rear that your worried about with a rag.
You only put a lite mist on the bed and only redo it every few prints if needed.  Don’t be dumb about how you spray and get it everywhere.  I have used this method for over 5 years on one of my enclosed machines.  Never has there been any adverse affects.  But, I am careful to not spray everything inside and simply point at the glass.

Thanks wardjr. I will try that.
I have to reprint the spacer for the z stop.
I'm thinking of drilling and making it adjustable
because right know I do not have enough adjustment  on the bed level sprigs.

thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

Adding adjustment to your Z endstop is always a good idea.  It affords you some flexibility to experiment.

wardjr wrote:

Move your bed to the bottom.  Cover anything near the rear that your worried about with a rag.
You only put a lite mist on the bed and only redo it every few prints if needed.  Don’t be dumb about how you spray and get it everywhere.  I have used this method for over 5 years on one of my enclosed machines.  Never has there been any adverse affects.  But, I am careful to not spray everything inside and simply point at the glass.

I have used this same method on my SD4s (both of them) for over 3 yrs now... block of the rods & extruder with rags, and lightly mist the bed. no problems at all.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1