Topic: XYZ Davinci Pro Jr. does not want to use the 0.3mm cartridge

I love the snap in cartridges. But when I got the 0.3mm cartridge today my Pro Jr. says "This file must be ...with the 0.4mm nozzle"
Soft and Firmware is updated. Using XYZ PETG. Simply won't let me print with it. But it loads and feeds. Any Thoughts, Folks?

Re: XYZ Davinci Pro Jr. does not want to use the 0.3mm cartridge

By the way, I'm a Letterform artist. In San Diego, California. In Spanish Village Art Center in Balboa Park. I print things, make molds and then cast them in Pewter.http://soliforum.com/i/?08qSrMh.jpg

You probably need to upload the file to the printer while the .3 cartridge is installed. It probably saves printer values such as cartridge type on upload and if those change for some reason before printing it alerts you.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by madfranklin 2018-04-06 17:46:12)

As it turned out, one has to use the change nozzle function. Duh. After a nice call to XYZ they told me you have to actually REMOVE the cartridge every time you try to get it recognized by the printer.
       Tried it three times. On the third time, it saw the new cartridge correctly and now it is working just fine. I have had a FlashForge Finder, a Monoprice Mini and an XYZ mini.
       This DaVinci Pro Jr. is by far the best working and hardest used printer I have. And it uses third party filaments.
       Along with PETG, which I find FAR superior to PLA, a nicely lubricating filament I have used recently is the new Machinable Wax. Ran through a whole 2.2 kg reel without a single jam or hangup.
smile

5 (edited by madfranklin 2018-04-06 17:54:35)

http://soliforum.com/i/?7R1n4BM.jpgPETG is great for fragile detail. The blue Chinese characters are Machinable Wax.