Topic: Jr SD Card Error

So I am running my Jr using Cura to slice, threedub to convert and its been working fine. I print ABS so have upgraded the heater and added a heated bed. The problem is recently I have started to get a SD card error when printing. The printer pauses at the heating stage and then after what seems like 2 mins it gives this error. It displays the file name correctly on screen.

I have seen lots of people have these problems with firmware updates but my machine is on its orginal FW which I cannot update or I will lose the ability to use my own filament, ABS in my case as I print for my Marine fishtank.

Any help on this? I have tried a new SD card and same issues.

Re: Jr SD Card Error

How much space is left on the card and how many files are on it? Did you copy those files to the new one?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I have only the one file on a 16gb card. The original has one file on the 8gb one. I never moved any files over. Never had to on any cards I have used just made sure it was fat32 and away I went.

I have just sliced something with XYZware and its working fine... Same SD card. So something is wrong with my Cura and threedub settings.

OK So anyone else in the position... I fixed it. and by that I mean I messed it up and now reverted the issue. I was exporting from cura as .stl and then using threedub on that. THIS DOES NOT WORK. You (obviously) need to export as GCODE and then convert using threedub.

So I now have a new SD card for nothing!

Hold on to the new one, as they do go bad. They have limited write cycles and every print writes to it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.