Topic: Da Vinci Jr. Extruder Clicking

Guys,
My extruder is clicking but its happening at random times. I have done the "manual" head leveling and adjusted the Z-offsett about as high as I can and still get a decent first layer. In the beginning of a print you doesnt "click". 10% in and it will click for a few layers. Then no clicking. a few more percent and it starts clicking again. Any one have any ideas as too what might be causing this? Im guessing clogging of the nozzle more than anything. Just wanted some opinions.

Thanks

Re: Da Vinci Jr. Extruder Clicking

could be clog, could be temp variations, could be filament diameter variations

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

Things to look:

1. Partial clogging of the nozzle.
2. Printing temperature is slightly lower than optimal.
3. Hotend fan can not cool down the throat efficiently.
4. High resistance in PFTE tube.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

It could be also wrong slicer settings: multiplier, temperature as mentioned before, but also to much interior overlap percentage and other fine tuning like retraction etc. Depending what you print may show up different problems at different stages.

It may be also cooling not enough, layers rise because of temperature too much and nozzle touches print too much, especially with overhangs. This stock add-on funnel for "pro" version gives nothing and without it is even worse, but not much smile I've added two fans on sides, it gives much improvement. Fine tuned funnels for 4cm fans, under the head. There is not much space, distance from print is like 1mm, but you can do it. Pay attention how limited is space during x homing, and z homing

I also had that problem and it turned out that the spring that presses the filament with the motor roller makes too much pressure and the motor sometimes can not move the filament the solution for that is to stretch the spring a little so that it is not too hard.