Topic: Well HELLO

My name (for real) is Horatio in real life, and a I am a senior polymer engineer with a fairly large company in the midwest.   I do that most of my day,  and by evening I run a 16 printer print farm in my basement.  Lately I've been doing a lot of prototype work for various ag-business applications.     We have 4 large CR-10 style printers, 4 Wanhao printers and the rest are "various."   Just recently we installed an Anycubic Photon,  but we're still learning that.    To compliment the machines we have a laser, a vinyl cutter,  a couple of hydraulic presses, a mill-drill  and some other neat stuff.  It's a hobby business and it keeps the wife and I amused and in beer-money.

Most of my experience revolves around the extrusion, molding and processing of all things plastics,  my specialization was drying technology for polymers, and I hope to share my knowhow with the rest of the group. 

What I really hope to take away though is the chance to learn from the lot of you,  there is a lot of practical experience and different ways of doing things out there,  just because I've done it my way for so long doesn't mean it's the only way.    I look forward to seeing other approaches and ideas the community has to offer.

Thank you!

"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Re: Well HELLO

Not to toot your own horn there eh. Lol. Welcome to the board

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

Hi & welcome to Soliforum.

Look forward to hearing from you in the general forums.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Kronikabuse wrote:

Not to toot your own horn there eh. Lol. Welcome to the board

Thank you.  I'm not normally this arrogant.   I really hate it when people come on forms and become the Big Fish In The Little Pond.    Can't stand those sorts.  Hopefully we don't have any around here,  that's a problem in some of the groups on Facebook.

"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

heartless wrote:

Hi & welcome to Soliforum.

Look forward to hearing from you in the general forums.

Thank you.    Both of you are from Wisconsin?    Awful lot of badgers on this forum...

Sr. Reaping_Engineer wrote:

Thank you.    Both of you are from Wisconsin?    Awful lot of badgers on this forum...

LOL, I am a Northern Badger - he is a Southern Badger... two very different sub-species, lol

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Welcome! Nice to see a fellow Iowan on the forum.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

Welcome aboard

Hi Horatio
Awesome cool name you have!

I have found it difficult to find filament sources to feed my print farm so I am purchasing a Filastruder. My 3 big printers can push through 4 to 6 KG a day if the demand is there for my product. The demand is not there yet but I need to be prepared. I plan to buy more Filastruders as the demand increases.

Could you please comment on how you feed your large printer farm?

I have started a thread
http://www.soliforum.com/post/144569/#p144569

Thank You

Tevo Black Widow
MonoPrice Mini Delta
TonXY X5S-400, 2 each
Filastruder and Filawinder on order

"Horatio" was here a total of 6 days back in March. Do not expect to see him back.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

"Horatio" was here a total of 6 days back in March. Do not expect to see him back.

I did what I came to do.   I wasn't expecting to come back here,  reading the forum is usually sufficient for my needs.

John,  I'll email you with some details on dealing with large material volumes.  Heartless sent me your email,  soon as Fathers Day is over I'll get in touch with you!

Good to know you are alive and well, and willing to help others !

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thank You everyone for helping me to connect with Horatio.

Tevo Black Widow
MonoPrice Mini Delta
TonXY X5S-400, 2 each
Filastruder and Filawinder on order

I don't know how much help I'll be but I can at least point you in the right direction!

Tin Falcon wrote:

Good to know you are alive and well, and willing to help others !

I read this forum quite a bit,  I'm friends with two other members of the group.   They participate in my Facebook clusterfuck as well. 

Specifically I stepped up to help out with what was seen as a troll issue,  and for the most part that's the ONLY reason I started participating.

A lot of good information goes by here,  this group is a great resource.